We Still Play Mafia - Day 3

im p happy with how i played for the first time in a while

not that this was a particularly hard game for me to play well but still

i didnt do shit lol

i still basically suck at mafia i can’t read ppl over the internet or be bothered to think hard about setups or mechanics

It’s a learned skill - it’s math basically - after so many games (I’d guess over 30 games at this point for me), you just get this Feeling for the mechanics and setup analysis.
This guy claims that guy claims this guy lynch blah blah - that’s just how mafia works (Funny Reference).

1 Like

To me; Mafia is like second nature. Mafia, and Dota - I could play them with my eyes closed, while half asleep.

I was worried after dropping my Lynch of kkat when nyte put him at three that I’d look scummy today

gg Town wins.

liked the bp claim. not sure i like that role in the setup tho

1 Like

Thanks.

gj boys

I don’t want to say that I carried - despite it looking like I did. Town as a team played exceedingly well - masterfully well - this game.

1 Like

I would also like to say well played for leading town into victory.

giggles

Shit!

Good job town

Oh really?

GG town. I did my best but I think I a slipping as mafia.

Ur fake claim won the game

Like straight up

The second things actually fine, probably not the best tip but I’ve spent countless games not reading the OP and its not really that necessary for you to figure out how to break the game or anything, chances are someone will do that for you or you’ll figure it out later.

Reading people over the internet is the hard thing that I’ve been focusing on since I started playing. The trick is that you have a list of people in your head, and you have them in a range from least to most scummy. Then, you take each action and you use your Brian to try and think about if its a town sided move or not to do whatever move you just saw, and then you adjust the people in your scumrange appropriately.

So for this game here, you didnt have to read the OP and get the game so much as read other posts from players getting the game and seeing if they are making town sides posts or not. If theyre trying to solve the game, give their best take on what to do, are trying to sus out who the bad guys are, theyre probably town. Its just hard to be scum emulating town and its just statistically more likely that someone who is trying to help town is Probably Town (I think this what nmagane is getting at). Thats the only tricky thing, catching yourself getting outplayed. The rest is just categorizing peoples posts into Towny and scummy and then sharing your reads often and like reading into peoples actions. Thats it

Nmagane fakeclaiming is a town sided move because scum probably wouldnt put the target on them to clear themselves like that. They certainly Could, but it would take big co jones. Now you know nmagane is a good town read and if you believe it well enough you can take his reads and decide if youd sus who he susses from his reasoning and then use that to make a more accurate player range. If he stays a high TR for you you can continue bumping reads off him as long as you agree with his points and tunnels. He ends up being a read that keeps on giving. Players might sus you for following him.like this but if you explained your reasoning similarly to what i did here I think it would work in your favor.

■■■■■■