When does day end (Discussion)

i might have time to look at this now that no ongoing game this week

my first though would be game defaults to autolock. a host can disable that with someliek like @mafiabot autolock off

It would lock at majority lynch. EOD would need a manual input. @mafiabot lock. To unlock a host would need to pm the bot @mafiabot unlock THEADID

Getting vote count from the bot via PM would be something I'd like to see

Or sidebar it xD

@SOPHIE

Mafiauniverse.com has this an an option, often used on day one only.
It get fun to see 80% of the people voting on one person, and then everyone switches in the last hour.

mb knows what majority is and can count votes

I suggest a simple lock/unlock utility and then when it meets the condition for majority, lock the thread
Host PM to unlock
host command mafiabot autolock 2020-05-21T04:00:00Z date input

host command mafiabot disable autolock

replace kyle mod with mafiabot mod

started a bit of work. got the autolock command done. just need to add the put request.

im not sure the time will work well for mafiabot as it interacts only on call/response right now.

games will start with autolock by default. turn it off with autolock if done in the host thread will default all day threads to off, but can also change each day individually by autolock in day thread.

Good stuff

basically i can have it lock right now ...but it doesnt have a reopen ability.

Did you try status: closed enabled: false

yea i think i got it more or less working, when someone does vote countes right now. did it there for now as it was already counting votes and to do it on lynch would need to break out some functionality or something. but also want to see if it works for now.

Dont understand what you mean but I am still curious if enabled: false works or if their API just sucks (not mutually exclusive I guess)

Yes I posted in my thread. I was talking about when the bot checks to lock.

Prob still has some kinks cause honestly is poorly written lol, seems to be workish. I locked the thread with the bot in a vote count where majority was hit. And jdance could unlock with a bit command

I see what you mean. It doesn't check on each vote for majority to lock the thread, it checks when somebody calls !vc

for now.