A Christmas Carol [POSTGAME]

Common mistake. Grinch was actually on the mafia team

1 Like

Should I host the next game? I can the first draft ready tomorrow.

1 Like

Get it reviewed by a mafia expert in advance

Working title for next mafia setup: Ships in the Night.

Sounds great. I am sure it will involve lots of town telling and little (if any) night-exclusive/private thread activity

1 Like

Mafia and Town had to come hunt ghosts after D1, Kkat was on the right track about that.

Also ghost victory is extremely unlikely in this setup.

1. They can get lynched early - I was lucky to use my power in time and get the lynch on insom instead.
  2. If they don't get lynched early, they can't fuck up their guess, and need to wait out, while it is likely either Santa or Grinch would get lynched.
  3. Mafia and Town receive information ghosts get, meaning an individual ghost has less information than either faction, and if they start theorizing in the thread, then it will be obvious they are a ghost. (This was my biggest issue in the game, the moment I would try to use some info I know it's likely the other factions know more, and I would give myself away.
  4. Ghost victory is relied upon the competency of all the other players. Asoul was such a pain on the ass to have on the team.

Also Osiris voted his own... That shit threw me off lmao, otherwise my guesses would have been perfect.

1 Like

Also everyone know Asoul was a ghost, shoulda just lynched him to force early ghost guesses and deny victory

GG all.
I would like to say that not killing a ghost was the worst thing.
They had the best +ev in this game.

My only hope was Lucky pretending to be a ghost.

And by the way,
The day one lynch was a blitz just in case insom was Santa.
Insta win. GG.

I am sorry @insom .
I hated voting for you for the last few games.

christ so salty about your half joke game

its okay i wont sign another troll game, you've won

Yes, you're the only person who has seen through my trickery - you have uncovered my master plan to troll the forums.
No, you're just paranoid and lazy - nobody here considers this a troll game other than you, because it's not.
When you spend the whole game pretending it's not real, you're only bound to fulfill your own prophecy.

1 Like

Yes. Not like you mentioned half joke in the first sentence of your post

We've had this song and dance already. Wonderful creativity as usual but not what player(s) (me+whoever) seem to be looking for

The setup was written in Jest, with intent to create a fun game, but that does not illegitimatize any merit it has or change my intent of hosting a genuine and serious game.
You are the one who chose to come in with that predisposition.

1 Like

It was solvable but I was not able to justify the time to do so, and it looked like your groupings were intentional anyways. Call it paranoia, makes little difference to me.

Nice. Very casual accusations of cheating, this would get you banned on mafiauniverse.

I mean I was coal lmao

2 Likes