A Discussion on Nmagane and What qualifies as a spam thread

then let them fall in general first.

Then they wonā€™t get attention!

Idk why the posts were hidden tho

what? by allowing them more time in the forum with more attention?

idk maybe im thinking that the BLOG thread is in spam just like the original forum

for no particular reason other than the author, prb (pbuh), decided to make it there. it wasnt moved.

I agree with huber about the threads but the problem is comments in threads do not have the same behavior

Excessive spammy comments in threads do hide the other posts and discourage other users from reading the threads, ultimately making some people feel like this is not the right website for them if all the threads they try to read are just polluted with these posts.

I believe thereā€™s a time and place for everything. Extended back-and-forth between nma and a2pas in some dumb religion thread is absolutely the intended purpose of a thread like that. NMA starting arguments and accumulating hundreds of posts in every other thread on the forum is a little much.

this is baseless imo

Is it baseless or are we just reading different threads?

Clearly several people on the site have read his posts and feel this way. I have had people approach me personally and say they would prefer to use the site without having him shit up their threads.

I think depending on what threads you read and how you use the forum, youā€™re going to come away with a different opinion on these issues.

there was basically nothing going on in the forum for days and then we had spammy back and forths in the catholic pedo thread. until that thread there was no increased activity. the lack of it did not encourage activity. I would argue it did just the opposite.

Nmagane is not in that thread.

they can say they feel that way, but when we look at what actually happens it seems it is just what they say. they dont post more without it, even though they say so.

but it really isnt much different. thats the kind of shit nmagane stirsvup

Not exactly

Those are peopleā€™s genuine opinions and I think people came away feeling like they enjoyed the discussion

This is often not the case in NMA spam situations. He posts for different reasons and often the targets of his posts do not enjoy the interaction

Ultimately this is a difference of opinions so iā€™ll just leave it at this:

Thereā€™s a time and place for everything. I think nma should be given a time and place to post, but it shouldnā€™t be across the entire site.

I donā€™t think there was ever spam or argument in the catholic pedo thread, there was no nmagane.

When I posted a podcasts thread there was spammy back and forth between me and nmagane; he took issue to me following an insane guy he also followed, and my saying he was insane.

i see zero downside to keeping him out of the forum, literally none. if youā€™re going to make an argument that itā€™s a slippery slope, or some kind of deeper thing than it actually is, at least do it in good faith. heā€™s just annoying on purpose and weā€™re better off :sunny:

and itā€™s not just 1 person flagging his posts eitherā€¦

The other pretty egregious thread was bennyā€™s forums poster classifications thread. I maintain that the thread was some sort of Jungian circlejerk with no real aid to the forum, and when I brought that up Nmagane said he had my file or something, had me completely figured out, and moreover doxxed me, which wasnā€™t the case.

I donā€™t really know what else to say. Yns has far and away been a better poster since nadota, ewiz was chased off the forum which was stupid, and besides my inane ā€œmegathreadā€ posts which havenā€™t caught on, I make ā€œjunkā€ threads and post them directly to SPAM.

pretty sure he came here just to see how much he could poke peoples buttons and what he could get away with as a game. even though heā€™s a dumbass thereā€™s no way heā€™s that stupid.