alternatives to NEL?

https://discordbots.org/bot/500792300566216704

you got it if you customize the bot to host dota, it looks like it might be really easy to setup. Roragok already added it to our discord so ill pm you an inv to it and we'll get you in a channel to try configuring the bot. I can do it with u and then we can try starting a season 0 then :)
@Roragok

what the bot is returning in discord doesnt look like this but im pretty sure its close enough to this vid. i skipped to the time where he's entering commands -- you can skim it and see that its p easy lol

The secret trick to raise mmr in rmm: Play 10 turbomatches to go up 5k in conduct score and queue ranked.

Gurb god

@Roragok

Stop messaging me without fucking questions

Lol

Could you set gurb up with the bot dude

gurb up,
and when you lose itll say "u been gurb'd"

1 Like

PPD inhouse died very fast idk people want to play IL any more

I was looking into solutions and realized gurbit might be better off using a custom solution made by me instead of that Bot, but it'd take a bit and its a low priority to me now

do you think maybe it failed cuz ppd didnt wanna run it or he was too stringent on the requirements or something? honestly i just got a hard time seeing why people would rather play pubs over ihl games. maybe people are getting in scrub teams and scrimming more often these days, idk

please lemme know lol. i see this kinda thing being real useful and a success as long as it's consistently open and the invites are taken seriously. i think one of the big reasons why NEL has "failed" is cuz mike kept closing and reopening it, and it was so easy to stay uninformed once u left.

also have no idea wheer the prize pool for this would come from but i just imagine people hate mm as much as i do and would play in this for free if it actually provided some accolades

In houses die because nobody cares.
At the end of the day they will go back to getting their mmr. Valve algorithm match making is their god.

Mike killed NEL by becoming increasingly more focused on MMR, instead of actually moderating the real game ruiners. He also kept shutting it down, sold out to faggit, aka faceit.

PPD's in house died very quickly because it was teambased and not player based. They thought that adding more skill brackets could change that, they were wrong, the open availability and every season was just a reminder for people that they do not belong in it. They refused to be outclassed and participate, i mean why would kindergartners play with the highschoolers. On top of that their head moderator was some fucking garbo 2k player, and their monopolized their content completely and indirectly.

Nobody plays inhouse because nobody wants to truly play dota, they just want to mimic the meta over and over. On top of shitty valve patches that force you only to be able to win via meta garbo.

I blame valve for ruining the game. then i blame the community for being so stupid they let their game be ruined for hats and cosmetics.

Icefrog was RAPED. people don't seem to get that.

Ranked ruined dota

you are correct, they should have never added it, dota was meant to be enjoyed with friends, not alone bitter and mad because you lost.

2 Likes

True kinda. Minors dont help because top teams play and win anyway like PPD now.
6k-7k ppl don't want to play IHL because they know they have no chance for success with dota now. When dota was new everyone had chance.
They will only play this new IHL for the prize money

Lol Spit-wad talked to valve about integrating ihls into the DotA client and then they came back a year later or something with ranked and said "is this what you wanted?"

2 Likes

Now PPD said dota is dead on reddit. gg.

1 Like

LMAO what the fuck

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/bj7bib/capitalist_on_the_state_of_pro_dota_in_na/

In case anyone wants to see it, I might read it tomorrow. Just seems to me that a consistent vouch-based IHL is still desparately needed.

The scene needs something like https://pug.champ.gg/

Wed totally support it if someone tried to step up with their own custom solution. Valve ruined tf2 by adding mm and other gameruining garbage but the community fought back with their own shit like link above, so Why cant we xd. Fuck letting valve handle anything or expecting them to at this point