alternatives to NEL?

Times like these im glad were not nadota2.com

1 Like

i was thinking of some sick formats for my IHL, while doing my 8 hr drive home today.
Gurb Dota League, GDL.

three day mini seasons with PRE-made teams only (2 weeks), player's accumulate points, called gurb points, based on each mini season's W-L record. Players can make a NEW team with different players every mini season if you figure things aren't working out. And at the end of the 2 weeks players with points accumulated in the >50th percentile will move onto to the final season--teams will be finalized in this season, no changing midseason-- (1 week) where cash money (crypto, gurbcoin) will be awarded to the top 3 teams.

purely open-house and good players will end up in the final season where shit goes down. dota should be enjoyed with a team and friends, its shitty getting randos like in IXDL. if people cannot find a team, there will be a groupmaker for randos, and like in RMM, premades (1.5x) will lose more league points losing to a rando stack. so there is somewhat of an incentive for people without teams to play.

2 Likes

just make ixdl-o and let anyone at any mmr play. start everyone at 1k rating then add a command for min rating to sign so u can make ur own decisions on what "tier" of players you're open to playing with

match making lacks a real sense of community which is something that in house leagues offer above mmr. some people don't mind playing with shitters as long as its shitters they like

if you remember correctly ixdl/nel were dead until I(the savior of nadota and inhouse leagues) brought back ixdl-o and then nel followed a bit after.

then after faceit bought out ixdl/nel it was brought back again but once agian it started thru ixdl-o

if you think you're going to start a league and bring in all the higher players immediately then you're very wrong.

start with everyone and let them choose the "tier" players they allow in their games, also u can always create the "elite" league after the open league if youre successful.

making ur league/elo team based wont work since most ppl play solo or wiht just 1 other friend

i haven't opened dota in over a year but thats just what i've seen from ixdl/nel rebirths

Interesting ppd post and discussion

What does dota have right now to draw in new players anyway? Valve just steadily makes minor bad decisions with their games over years until they get to the point where a lot of the original joy is gone.

i don't think theres anything for new players right?

i really dont have a big interest in coming back either.. theres like 2 new heroes and theyre not really that unique either. on top of that the metas jst seem worse and worse

ur so bad at reading comprehension. playing solo is completely fine, as you are awarded more points for playing that way. however if you want to win actual money, you’re gonna have to squad up with some people and actually coordinate.

also you can’t assume that it won’t work when the league hasnt even been tried out yet. maybe it might just work, i feel like there hasn’t been anything to what i’ve suggested here. a little series of battle royale games leading to an EPIC clash of the best players in the circle!!!!@@&

no need to separate the playerbase further, if anything the final season can be separated into percentiles. 0-25,26-50,51-100

all the numbers ive written so far are rough approximations, and can be adjusted when people who know what they’re doing (epok) can discuss this w/ me.

it’d be as if you’re playing calibration matches in the first two weeks. assuming a player plays 1-3 matches per day. you’d get 28 games on average, which i personally think is a good enough indicator of a player’s capability. as again, solo players have a slight advantage in the sense they’re able to grind more games out. however in a team-based game like dota, a coordinated team has a far better outcome compared to a group of solos. unless theyre just absolute dogpoopoo.

who knows, maybe it is just better to keep it locked and have a minimum mmr. i’d like other ppl’s inputs here. add some reasoning behind ur words kyle. anecdotes don’t count, ixdl/NEL is much different from this.

except anecdotes do count LMAO

you're asking for a league and not an IHL.

NEL was not a league, leagues don't work in dota. IHL do work.

sample size n=2 aka shit and means nothing. anecdotes mean nothing

you're scratching your head wondering why the numerous other small "league" systems that have popped up haven't worked yet NEL/IXDL did work... i wonder..

by all means do it ur way, whichever way it is i really dont intend on playing it so i was just trying to offer some help

if anything it’s a mix of a league and a IHL. but honestly whats thefucking difference. god stop posting honestly, why do u always de-rail every every every thread.

how on earth am i derailing anything. why are you so hostile. im literally not insulting you or attacking youj or anything. i am contributing to the discussion and yet you're sitting there fuming for some reason

calm down dude

pedantics, derailing. league ihl whats the difference. my point is, GDL #1 india, and that ur anecdotes aka all your posts in this thread are meaningless and have no weight

but to be honest my posts dont mean anything either, this whole idea could probably be complete dogshit. but i think some tweaks and changes, it can be good and we can have some GOOD dotes this summer

i was behind reviving ixdl/nel multiple times and i worked with faceit after ixdl crashed. im sure you know more though!