Amateur Programmer Thread

Codex and "AI programming aides" are the antithesis of the amateur programmer craftsman; I don't use an IDE and become annoyed when my zero-configuration LSP sometimes (I do not know what triggers it) opens up the autocomplete/documentation window.

Amateur programming? Yeah, I don't read documentation.

1 Like

I most likely re-invented hundreds of features and functions that are already pre-built in Unity, but I will never know of them because I won't read the documentation..

1 Like

Just typing along and windows like this (not as massive) popup on the screen. Happens at such a low rate that I never bothered to look into it.

2 Likes

I think what's happening is that I open and close my editor so much that the LSP server never finishes its analysis and thus can't interrupt me with little factoids.

Yeah my open-sores perma-virgin text editor integrated the Microsoft PaperClip into my workflow. What of it?

Looking like I will be the most senior rust-programmer at the Huntsville-Rust meetup. I had discussion about discord IRL, "yeah I mostly lurk". Just the pits of hell.

1 Like

There's two "things" I could reasonably present on: 1) learning to just utilize an arena for doubly linked (parent/child) graph data structures 2) const generics and why I was unable to produce my nice API Const Generic probabilistic data structures.

1 Like

"A) Do you guys know any C developers?" -- "B) I used to program in C years ago" -- "C) I know one, but he only uses object-oriented C, is that what you're looking for" -- "C) That's exactly what we do, object oriented C" -- "B) You're joking" -- "A) No"

I (B) recoil in horror.

1 Like

Are you gay?

It's so funny to me how after 10 years if I see any type of work that isn't exactly what I work on, I am like , no fucking clue what's going on and no longer even care.

Great job guys, now I know how all of the managers and non technical people must have been thinking and feeling for all of those years watching me LOL.

1 Like

Back to amateur programming...

I think my architectural decisions are what are colloquially called "microservices"....

1 Like

Will trade dota lessons for programming lessons :3

Dont bother programming is a dead profession

what do u wanna know?

I want to build an app for Desktop/Mobile

Lol you are such a ■■■■■■

describe your desktop/mobile app

sure, describe your desktop/mobile app