Auto Chess

It's not sad that's the entire point. It's logical and natural

People have this idea that the influence of money is somehow a negative one. It's not. It's the clearest metric of what people like and deem valuable

Gabe's only problem really was forgetting that a massive portion of the video gaming userbase are literal children or college kids for whom money is still some vague abstract concept

i read it i just felt like ranting. moneys a dumb metric to go off of when the game that autochess was made in was itself a custom game and now people are putting together 10m+ prizepools every year. they provide value to people, just not necessarily enough to justify this case i guess? i just wish they fucking got a B team already

i guess people can get their custom game fix from sc2 but its even more difficult to make games for that.

They saw this thing was successful and wanted to extract it out of dota 2 immediately into its own thing because that's what community reaction in the past has taught them

hunters are broken i think

drows especially broken

these passives are really cool

Dota chess's rise explains the dota player completely.
Fed up with garbage patches that alienated him from utilizing his skills to win, he takes up a more passive, brain dead game and more luck based game that at least makes him feel he is still doing something dota. It was what valve was hoping for with artifact, and trust me they cant wait to start making some dota auto chess money from you dumbasses.

disagree

i think people give up on dota cuz ruined. but that doesnt have much to do with autochess' success though.

autochess just gives more dopamine than dota ever has. the big thing it has on dota is that its way more fun to play solo and operates on lootbox logic which people just love

yeah dota def ruined.

but i just dont see dota chess succeeding with non dota players. I hope it does well on the mobile market, because if it attracts non dota palyers, i'll glady be wrong.

also its not really passive or brain dead, just when compared to dota. you still gotta think on your feet and heavily consider compositions. its so fucking hard to win against decent players luck aside

Considering it attracted all the hearthstone kids (all the top streamers for autochess are ex-hearthstone streamers) I think it'll be fine with 'non DotA players'. It's not like there was a sudden surge of old DotA players lining up to play some legion td meets card games

Nice i have hope.

this game sux... feels mega rng

the hero pool is shared between all players so its super lame rng if youre trying to build stuff other people are doing, but yeah its rng either way down to what ur units do

i still have fun, but i like defense kinda games if theyre fast enough

I just had the most insane game.
Got up to first place early, then started losing until I had 3 health. 3 fucking health.
I was ready to quit, but I started winning. Every. Single. Time.

In the end I came in second. Not really sure what I did right. My best heroes were tide2 drow2 and lich2.

I still don't understand what the difference is between a good and bad lineup.

you just want hero diversity and broken heroes like templar assassin and troll warlord help. I like going primordial but in any case if you do get the brawny upgrade you just pile on those heroes

hunters pretty dumb lategame with tide naga to get the naga buff, new lich seems real good with his ulti and lich+drow sounds good for the undead buff