Balatro

I mean it seems like it. You say you don’t derive enjoyment from the mechanism, but I think you do.

I can't really speak on what other people think here but I doubt the twitch average viewer is paying enough attention or cares about game mechanics. They want to watch the big numbers and listen to the guy talk about fast food.

1 Like

Me too. He’s so fuckjng funny

Please Don't tell me what I do and don't enjoy.
I have always preferred to play on instant-full gear WoW servers, I have dropped countless games that I know are great because I don't want to go through retarded grinds and unlocks (enter the gungeon for example), I have purposely avoided games like Hades and Dead Cells purely because of their terribly grindy progression systems.
I don't enjoy playing a half-complete version of the game to feel "progression" so by the time I unlock 100% I'm already tired and bored of the fundamental mechanics.

You got me there. I hated how Grindy Hades was and it ruined it for me personally

Atleast in that regard balatro felt pretty complete without unlocks. But I played the demo so I was probably open to enjoying whatever slop was added to the beginning

The dev absolutely gutted 2pair tho and I haven’t forgiven him for that.

I never tried the Demo or the game without unlocks, but if it's just 90% "+10 chips/mult if hand/suit is X" (this is already the case with all unlocks) I can't image I would've enjoyed that.

There’s two benefits to it that I saw. One was that there simply is too much variance in the full unlock and it makes the play loop feel even more RNG dependent as you were potentially diluting what would come up in your next run.

There was also atleast a few builds that feel like they get too easy to execute or too repetitive. Like the duplicated vouchers with just twice the effect aren’t really great and the game variance felt better without them imo

Looking at the list now - for some reason All Voucher Upgrades are locked behind achievements???? Wow that's really cool.

Yeah and that's a cheap trick to hide bad content behind unlocks. I used it in my game too, which is why I wanted to see the game at 100% immediately instead of being front-loaded the "easy" or "Good" stuff first while I unlock all the trash for le epic progression feelings.

1 Like

Like the double reroll, double etc other voucher cards sometimes break the game and in other runs just feel like spam.

He should've made a better game then.

Would you guys stop trying to make balatro happen? Its never going to happen

I think that’s a fair point or expectation too. To expect the developer of the game to have designed the games experience around the full unlock, anyways. In which case, yeah the stuff before you fully unlock might feel arbitrary or contrived. I’ll concede that

Wow. Thought you legitimately hearted that post for a second.

Disheartening

There's not enough emoticons the reaction plugin to express how I actually feel about that post.

1 Like

balatro SUCKS

2020 was the most secure election in history

the most people EVER voted for Joe Biden

Balatro is a good game

1 Like

astroturfed nonsense