belittling others in a podcast thread

And just to clear the air, I do not believe in a god nor do I believe I am a better person for it. It is a convenience for me to believe there is no god.

No I was right - I said that you watch him as a joke for entertainment and then you said that you think he’s a deluded madman - which means I was right

I don’t watch him for entertainment. He serves as a warning for how bad my life could be, if I were raised religiously instead of having a support group that can help me seek treatment and work diligently, regardless of my thoughts about “bigger picture” beliefs about work, capitalism, our society, etc.

For someone so “Well versed” in philosophy you sure are an unintellectual person.

In a way, I share in his suffering. Anyways, I like Cum Town.

Watching something as a "warning" with no respect then means my former statement was right - that it's a Joke for you. You see something wrong with it and think you are better now because you had a "Better" upbringing.
Disrespect and narcissism which follows in mockery whether conscious or not.

When did I say I had no respect for him? I empathize with him and his terrible situation. As unhealthy and unusual it is to think about, I do think I would have had less resolve and been worse off had I been put in his situation.

brendan whats actuall wrong with u bro? u need some help?

What?

you seem really distressed. maybe seek some mental help?

Misguided and retarded views don’t equate to a lack of respect. Since I do watch him, I am aware of his patterns, his illness, and his understandable conclusions in context. I can’t blame him for his views.

It’s really simple. If you think that he would’ve been better off if “X happened” or “society didn’t to Y to him” then you don’t respect him and his decisions.

Just the fact that you call it an illness implies underlying disrespect.

If you can earnestly believe his decisions are made with an even keel and a clear understanding of the situation, you sincerely have no grasp of his situation or have been following him at all.

Especially for someone who’s at least 20 years your elder.

something is seriously wrong with this guy and im not talking about the guy in the podcast

I don’t think ill people are worth less respect than what society decides as healthy. I sincerely wish you would continue your posts elsewhere if you haven’t already considered so.

Again - you can’t define this even keel or what the right understanding should be. There is no right or wrong in these definitions and you thinking you know what’s Clear is another indicator of shallow view of reality - which might be expected of someone who brags about not believing in a god.

Of course you don’t think that. But when you classify someone as Mentally Ill you do disrespect them socially.