Bug

Speculation based on lack of understanding

The issues started when use of the forum doubled or even quadrupled due to a combination of factors (covid, the dota metoo thread that brought a bunch of people to the site, and removal of toxic assholes in the preceding months)

And they've now stopped because user stats have dropped off (in my opinion because of a failure to keep toxic assholes - or one in particular - off the site)

You just make dumb shit up and argue about it endlessly because this isn't about diagnosing and fixing issues, it is about asserting your ego and then defending it from people who "attack" it by telling you you don't know what you're talking about

Lmao you can look at the client-side logging and response times. And try using the navigation bar in there. It's just straight broken and constantly disappears on mobile so you can't even choose to go to a specific post.

Literally have no issues with the blog thread on my end

Update your drivers and run a virus scan

the other day i was trying to specifically look at sudo posts in Blog thread and it was really buggy until my search finally worked for whatever reason. and it's definitely seems like it'd be taxing on the server to search that thread too

The blog thread is fine you are all projecting your personal problems on it

1 Like

That's the point, people do not want their blog posts dug up or searched. They want their thoughts fired off into a sea of posts where they will be seen by a handful of people and then forgotten. Do u think Sudo wants you digging up his old blog posts?

Luckily Ewiz has his new blog thread now where he can use the nav bar on mobile - so he can go scroll up and down in there while the people who actually want to use itt:blog for its purpose can do it in the old thread. Good work everybody problem solved

1 Like

Before you criticize the itt:blog thread first go and clean up your room.

1 Like

@SOPHIE I did some tests with wifi on/off behavior.

Wifi on, everything okay.

Turned wifi off, and it throws the same error message twice. I tried posting, it did nothing.

Now I turned wifi back on. Sometimes when I tried to hide/unhide my post, I'd get this error. Funny enough, if you spam okay, it doesn't dismiss it immediately: each click makes the background get lighter and lighter so you can see some stuff until you dismiss it.

Hitting reply didn't do anything for me in this thread or in any category.

But if I went to another thread, this came up? Clicking the reply to the original topic did nothing. But I could reply in that other thread. Bizarre behavior. Also, I still couldn't reply to the bug thread (as in I wrote this, hit reply, and it did nothing).

After refreshing, it went through.

Now I'm going to try this.

Whoops, hit reply too early. I refreshed and that preview went away.

The images. First, disconnecting right as I hit reply, before it submits. Then, after I reconnect, the saving bar never went away. So I refreshed and could post.

Now, the issue on mobile is a disconnect for just a split second while it's trying to post. I get the shadow image of my post like the first image of the second test, but then when it reconnects the post has been posted twice. Not sure why there's a difference for this between the mobile and desktop versions.

Update your router

Why are you tagging people lmao this is literally some dumbass form of posturing

No one here is going to be able to fix your configuration specific "issue" stop posting dumb images to try to look smart

Because they're the site admins. And my router has nothing to do with it. I'm intentionally disconnecting my wifi to get this behavior to see if I could replicate the behavior there is on mobile. It's intentional, dumbass.

Okay contact the people that made discourse not the people who use a gui to configure it

It's not a fucking configuration issue you absolute moron. It's a problem with how the site handles disconnection while it's trying to post or save a draft of a post (which it does automatically. I think every 25 seconds). Absolutely nothing to do with me. @SOPHIE even said he's experienced the issue with disconnection and needing to reload.

Nope no one else has experienced this problem. You probably changed some dumbass registry settings because you felt smart in regedit and now your namafia experience is ruined. Your fault