Bug

The exact same thing means the exact same request sent consecutively, like at machine speed, to make identical posts. Not posting some shit in different places with the lag time of copy+pasting, etc. Clearly very fucking different situations: it's why people developed packages to deal with this fucking problem

I would say the same to you. How the fuck do you not understand the difference between duplicate requests submitted at the same time and fucking up because of client-server issues and someone reposting shit? Hint: the patterns in the calls between client and server will be very fucking different

But nice to see you haven't changed at all. I @'ed you with a genuine question. Not being rude about anything. You dismissed the problem as not real, which you were wrong about, then proceeded to say I'm trolling or on drugs. What the fuck kind of response is that? Why not just say you don't understand what's going on if you thought this was analagous to human submitted double posts

You definitely need a nap

Proof

No mafia posts outside mafia thread james dance

Why is this hidden but not baseless accusations of trying to ruin the site/relapsing?

this is probably more indicative of ember or some other js fuckup that isnt properly being handled. i have experienced this personally tho

baseless accusations of ruining the site arent exactly as big of an attack on character as your words imo but the relapsing thing is not funny and i agree that those things should get removed pronto. let me know if you feel like somethings mishandled in regards to this so i can fix it. and help staff learn how to handle these things if theyre being stupid lol

i do agree with the first paragraph here, so i set the "unique post mins" setting from 0 to 0.5 (originally set by jeff to 5 ftr)

Yeah, it's probably client-side. I'd guess it's still client-server interaction where the client doesn't know how to properly update when server requests time out.

How do you feel about breaking up the blog thread? It fucks up on mobile all the time, and delays in loading the whole thing often cause it to give the viewing as user issue, especially when many are trying to post at once.

you can ask the other users, ive been pushing for it ever since the blog thread broke user stats and other shit. i made a 2nd blog thread too. i guess ill just bump it?

if its causing bugs that affect regular usability that seems like a good enough reason to switch to me

Leave the old one open and people who want the new one can post in the new, people who don't accept new blog can post in the old

For example i'm never posting in the new blog thread so if ewiz is exclusively posting there it will be a win-win for everybody

haha funny but its just going to cause spam on the front page so the other thread will eb closed eventually

If you poll this very few want it except ewiz

He is suggesting bad changes people don't want because he doesn't understand the world, is chronically wrong, and is very belligerent. We want to make a very large itt:blog thread

Ewiz is that guy on every software project that wants to spend weeks writing pointless JIRA tickets and "design docs" (despite having very poor understanding of technology and of the users of the app) because his head is full of mashed potatoes

Should've just banned him when he showed up but now he will slowly ruin the site big-benny style except the difference between the two is he lacks the self-awareness to realize he's doing it

The thread is literally breaking the forum. Right after the sexism thread got closed last week and everyone was reading and posting in the blog at the same time, it was repeatedly deleting posts as they were being written, doing the "you're viewing this as someone who's logged out" thing, etc. And not just to me.

The objections to breaking up the blog don't make sense in the context of creating a different subforum for it with the same access restrictions as the lounge and having each blog thread contained in there.

Also, love how you talk about poor understanding of the technology after you clearly displayed how incompetent you were multiple times in this thread re: double-posting via client-server fuckups and timing out actual people from posting.