Carnival of Horrors Mafia Day 1

I'm at this point now. If I have to pick between ewiz and wolfy, I'd say ewiz over wolfy. I don't think either are scum though just people typing too much at one another.
Think it is dumb for magicninja to suggest wolfy as a lynch but I'll reread what he said about Ian. Ewiz and wolfy are dominating most of the posts I've read so far.
Time to get back to finish reading the last 100 posts.

I just don’t think his posts are posts that a town player makes. Same with wolfy.

I echo ewiz’s concerns over the non substantive pushes on ewiz’a posts

@mafiabot vc

Vote Count

Lynch Votes Voters
ian 3 magicmagininja, osiris, fuck_asoul
iaafr 2 ersu, sdadasdas
fuck_asoul 2 ian, wolfy
magicmagininja 1 iaafr
scsf 1 epok

Not Voting

SCSF, hbotz,

Alive Players - 11

Majority Vote - 6

cac95000-c3b1-11ea-9dd1-592834614ec4

To be clear the non substantive pushes come from Ian.

There's also the possibility 1-2 scum are in our nonactive players while a more active player runs discussion. Seems unlikely but ewiz could be playing active to make a gambit on nominating himself tomorrow. Casting the die then and there to gain town clout to keep leading discussions away from his less active friends

ya maybe it's just Ian

will see how I feel closer to eod, might reskim one more time

I think osiris posts felt similar to his towngame last game that I scumread so not going Osiris today

Gonna expand on this more later in the post.

He does, he reads ian as town.

Why vote for the evenhanded person? Is it because of the TMI feeling? Or the trying to play nice with everyone? Because he definitely targeted both you and @wolfy pretty consistently

What feels like TMI here? He reasons through his townread of ian, Then he doesn't just jump on the train for wolfy, but actually reasons through it. Do you think it's a TMI bus of wolfy? Because you're still townreading wolfy, so that doesn't make sense.

Once again, not evenhanded, he's really picking a side. But this could be an attempt to pocket me.

This does seem like an awkward interaction between him and sdad. Kind of calling him out but not really going aggro at all. Potentially pointing towards your theory of them as a team. It's the weak kind of bus where if one flips later it can be pointed to as "see, I was against him," without actually pushing a lynch. However, this only makes sense if I can really scumread hbotz, which I'm not sure I can yet.

Once again, an independent read on ian. No one else is saying this except for wolfy, who was only defended by ian at this point.

to be clear, by "evenhanded" in a scummy way I mean he could be correctly defending town intentions as town intentions due to knowing what they are

also I didn't see his reasons for actually townreading Ian, only that he is projecting townreading Ian

makes me suspect hbotz/Ian or makes me suspect hbotz is trying to get cred for correctly calling Ian town when town is on him

sorry i've been gone yesterday, was busy getting corona :wink:

I've read through the thread, although it started getting tedious reading through ewiz and wolfy making the same posts over and over.

I'm getting the most scum vibes currently from hubotz and ersu

hubotz (or hbotz) because he has posted very little of substance (just egging other peoples arguments on or passively commenting without adding anything) and he also seems to be playing with a perspective that has more info than he should

and ersu because he is tunneling the ewiz vs. wolfy scenario, which I think is not the right way to go for day 1. He's also griefing.

I kind of agree with this. He was jumping on the trains I started, I pointed it out as sus, and then he diverges on one person. It could be ian is town and he's playing with TMI, or it could be they're partners. With daychat, I don't think they would be that obvious as scum team, so maybe one or the other between @magicmagininja and @ian, though I'm not sure that should be the lynch pool today.

not evenhanded like fence sitting, evenhanded like completely reasonable and having omniscient pov

Hbotz reading a lot like his last two games as town but I read it as a more reserved style so hard for me to pickup anything from it until we see a flip imo. If nothing else he's easy to read and understand

skeeves me a bit that scsf just kinda popped out my recent suspicions lol

probably should just town him for it tho tbh

Yea that was my wager earlier and still is. They've definitely been the two players vulturing around your discussion with wolfy and on opposite sides

@sdadasdas are you gonna have time to play more before eod cuz I'm kinda getting the feeling you're dodging the thread

cryptic

This makes sense, but if ewiz is mafia could be teammate. Fuck if I know.

Hubotz is town. All I really got.

I'll continue to read but unless something interesting comes up I'm not wasting people time reading useless posts. With only 150 posts read I randomly voted iaafr and after getting the other 250+ posts read I'm sticking with it for now.

Yeah, like I said, if @hbotz is scum, I would probably guess @ian is town. I think the converse is true: ian town implies hbotz is scum. I'm not sure that ian scum implies hbotz town, though. I do think scum wouldn't make helping each other this obvious with daychat, but I could be wrong there.

And rereading his reasoning on ian, hbotz said that ian wouldn't force the syntax based "scumslip" on me without following it up. But ian did follow it up: just not well. That kind of tosses out his reasoning on ian making any sense. Is hbotz good? Would he miss something like that as town? @sdadasdas @wolfy @magicmagininja @anyone else who's played with hbotz, I want your opinion on that too. It could be because town ian