Carry Roragok

The Not Reading PM strategy is fundamentally flawed.
If you’re pretending to be town while not being certain of your actual role, it is no different than pretending to be town while knowing you’re not.

In other words; It’s a noob-trap.

I fell for it too on the old site - to be honest.

You’re not supposed to “pretend to be town.”

You just hunt scum without looking at your own role PM and thus your posts are indistinguishable from any town player hunting scum.

You can even hunt yourself by finding the other scum and realizing that they were interacting with you funny.

You’re completely oblivious. Read some psychology - I’m not trying to insult you here but this is just all wrong.

1 Like

This is the ideal way I’d want to play, but overcome with curiosity I can’t help but sneak a peek and after seeing red in the role pm I am filled with overwhelming feelings of dread and uncertainty and wake up each day drenched in sweat and excrement.

Is that normal?

It doesn’t work and is actually sub optimal. Anyone with the most basic understanding of the subconscious would know this.

I had a feeling this was the case, however I’d rather not know of my own evil because it is the easier path to take.

not reading role pm is against the spirit of the game

good hosting forces confirmation of reading role pm before day 1

But is it true

1 Like

What if you read half of it? In my first scum game I only read two of my partners names of three.

still think thats against the spirit of the game and i think the reason is obvious

While you have a point, to me the spirit of the game is to approach each game differently.

you could still figure out ways to do that within the constraints of the spirit of the game where scum is intended to have the burden of knowing all their partners

but i mean w/e im not gonna rally for your ban or w/e there’s tons of grey area shit in the mafia games on this site and in forum mafia in general

I’d say the only requirement should be to figure out ways to play within the constraints of the rules. Seems like trying to ban people for not playing within some subjective ‘spirit of the game’ is a huge mistake.

1 Like

well i’d just include in the rules that reading your full role pm is part of the game

didnt remember to bring this up during the whole rule discussion and i dont care enough now but yeah

I think that’d be a hard rule to inforce since players can respond to each other in game however they want.

yeah part of the problem is it’s unenforceable

i’m just rambling about my idea of what the game is supposed to be, don’t mind me

i did not suggest trying to ban people for not following it would be a good idea in any way

I see what you did there

2 Likes