Christmas Is Cancelled. Wintermute's Winter Wonderland Mafia Game

Yeah I did too, but the notion was to try to get the real Yukon to out himself in response

If I design a role like yours in the future I think it has to be a 1-per-night thing

Thing is I wanted to make it really prohibitive for elves to claim - and having done so they can just solve the game

The issue here is the closed setup. Elves didn’t know they could claim to break the setup, nor did they know there was a counter to that play. So I don’t think you really need to build in that counter

Well they aren’t supposed to feel safe mass claiming. That’s why the opening post says “THERE IS PROBABLY A ROLE IN THIS GAME THAT KILLS YOU IF YOU CLAIM”

The odd thing was they did claim and nobody put 2 and 2 together and realized you had a shit-ton of elves and then a couple guys that were clearly not with it and those were the guys to be poked (because one, you know, eats elves)

I think it was just one of those things. People were with families and such and a lot of people either weren’t around or weren’t really thinking about breaking the setup

I think friend’s play to claim Delivery Elf and out his two chat companions was super strong and people were 100% buying that and ready to lynch nma and nyte (the two town elves in that delivery elf trio)

It was very obvious that he was the mafia elve hahaha

Was it?

The reason there was no cancer in the game was that of the three stocking-stuffer elves:

• matticus rolled 2 treats (does nothing but gives you an opportunity to town-clear one player and chat privately with him - maybe solve the game over time
  • krazy had 1 coal but didn’t use it - perhaps smartly
  • Flop with 2 coals never used his ability

Nyte also delivered 1 of the treats outside the game which was the reason Jones entered

NMA tried to night-kill Ian because he thought maybe Delivery Elves were supposed to be the scum and that was the reason there had been no kills yet

No I didnt think that

1 Like

Sorry about not being active. This was quite the setup and I appreciate the effort!

1 Like

I would have had more fun if the kills were distributed more evenly over the nights or I had some other kind of ability. In a closed setup where anyone can just claim anything I have a hard time since I don’t do well with personality reads alone.

Yes, raccoon this game.

I think it’s important in a closed setup to have a trickle of mechanical interactions each day to talk about and that just never happened this game.

That’s one of the reasons I held my kills. Don’t give more info out in a closed setup than you need to.

That’s town’s fault. You all needed to press for claims, so you could catch something that didn’t seem right. Idk what I would’ve claimed, but no one ever pushed for claims

I can come up with excuses like that it was Christmas and a for-fun game, which it was, but the other side of it is that you can just claim anything and it seemed unlikely to verify if that’s a valid role. You’re right though and I’m generating excuses to defend myself.

No, I think that’s a very valid excuse. Pressuring for claims doesn’t work well when half the game is afk. However, it’s far harder to make a believable fake claim in closed setups than you think. Mass claims in closed setups have often outed scum when their powers don’t seem to fit the game.