[CLOSED] Tryhard Anon mafia signups

yeah i just realized a medium sized anon game might actually end up being competitive and fun and we've only done large ones in the past because they have been like flagship games everyone wants to sign up for.

also feel bad for OP who made this thread and wanted to play and is still waiting

Lol I'll pitch in 50. Not gonna sign the game this time tho no time

no prob just glad youre back to visiting. i kinda miss how riled people got over your posts about like criticisms of societal values lmao

That was the old toxic me that remodeled your DNA, now new me is just emitting low level x ray that you don't feel but will give you a tumor when you're 50

2 Likes

Lmao

@ gamers i believe I have 14 players signed up and my official panel has concluded reviewing the setup we will play. the role list will be shared with the audience in the day 1 thread, but witj no.guarantees on what roles will be used or their quantity.

I will prepare the Anon accs tomorrow. People will be expected to confirm via PM to get access to their anon alt. I will be sending their role to the anon account alone so people dont accidentally play on their main. I also suggest power posters use a different skin on their alt, maybe tweak settings a bit elsewhere to make it more apparent which acc theyre on.

1 Like

can we PLEASE not have anon mafia with missing info.. last time i remember that happening it was a fucking mess and it was stupid.

either anon + all setup revealed or closed and no anon.

everytime that happens it ends up being ppl getting demotivated bc they gotta figure the people out plus the setup

There isnt much to be figured out about the setup. Its semi open. Very few non PRs. I dont get why you think it has to be one way or the other because of something that happened to you one time. Stop jumping to bitching for a sec and try to just enjoy yourself. I think this setups well balanced and IDC about people getting demotivated for some anecdotal reason...IMO people tune out when they feel like its hopeless on either end. Theres a lot to digest here, plenty to do and I dont think you should brush shit off right away before you see a single thing dude

I never ran an anon game but I agree that when its gimmicky or unbalanced its practically not worth running anonymafia. Were just trying something new in the hopes of making a reusable setup. It migbt need some tweaks to be perfwct but im excited to see how well itll take. I got faith that it wont be a dumpster fire atleast. I want people to not regret signing up for my games (lmao) so im doing what I can to make sure the game is good

closed setups almost never work and youre adding in anon aspect.

look at the setup i made. it was semi-closed and half the players knew the setup since they were teamed with someone yet the whole game was still bitching about not knowing stuff

also youre acting like i just completely attacked you. relax my guy. i gave an opinion and it wasn't even harsh.

I'm just trying to remind you that there has been at least 3 Anon+Semi-Closed/Closed setups in the past and every single one ended up with a ton of frustration and multiple people decided to stop playing for awhile after each game.

i get you're trying to do something new and fun but so were people before and it didn't work then.

you can 100% have anon + closed setups however they cause frustration, especially with our player pool.

Anon = figure out which poster is which.
closed setup = figure out setup.

people struggle with just 1 of those since they tend to focus on the unknowns and when u add in 2 ppl get botherd.

Dan can you make a Bounty for $25 on what you mentioned? Yns has generously donated part of his prize money to the namafia cause

:money_mouth_face:

Do you know what iterative improvement is. We had really no idea what we were doing with anonymafia in the first place. I dont see hoe you can make this argument and come around to saying that one ideal anon game features a compleyely Open setup -- exactly how does that Lead to a varied and non townsided game. Im just confused how your argument leads to "just make the game completely open or remove the name aspect". It didnt work for past 1s but afaik those setups were never looked at by second eyes or third eyes and no.one knew how to deal with being an anon either so.im sure that was an additional frustration.

Tell you what tho, I think for my argument to stand itll be okay to share the role list ahead of the game. You can quell your fears or raise doubts if you still have them. I am looking to create a competitive setup that varies from game to game, so Doing a completely open setup kinda negates that entirely. Also, maybe im spoiling a bit its more or less designed so mafia dont feel so averse to fakeclaiming. Town shouldnt have a hard time figuring out what roles are in the game. It shouldnt be that problematic, but youre right that since ive never ran it before theres no way to tell. Fuck it tho I have faith in matty and I, and we got good feedback from iaafr so i am not v concerned

people keep contacting me as if I'm a balance expert and I keep telling them I'm not anymore and don't trust me too much

that's the level of my endorsement

and it was for that Kyle setup like a couple months ago too

and by people keep I mean literally just Kyle and dan

Yeah, I just wanted to shove it infront of your Brain and see if you thought it was balanced. Tbqh tho I kinda figured it out with Matty within like an hour, starting with some other balanced medium-large setup so we werent really that original or random about it. If there are people who are not signed up that think they might have good setup feedback, they can PM me to learn more