[CLOSED] Tryhard Anon mafia signups

Yeah totally stand up guy, not placating, satirical or full of any shit.

1 Like

I don't think there should be namekill mechanics personally. Seems dumb.

Unless that's the role. Like 1 shot name kill vig.

Purpose is enforced anonymity

All is does is open the game to be super swingy.

What alternate mechanic would you suggest for anonymity

Why do you feel you need a mechanic to enforce it. Aren't people playing it because they want to?

Well the point is that people start out anonymous and stay anonymous so that we don't have meta on any player

That's why we go to all the effort of creating anon accounts in the first place

Without mechanics to enforce this you likely end up with situations where people are being lynched and say, "i'm town and i'm (name)" so people can meta clear them, or someone who's accustomed to being followed says "i'm (name) and here are my reads/ here's what town will do today"

Basically in your proposed situation you do a bunch of extra work to have a game that is maybe anonymous for one day and then from there it's just the same as any other game

I also think the fear of being exposed/ potential for huge outplay by reading who a player is are quite fun dynamics

I can post my thoughts shortly. Driving

I think you are making an issue possibly out of something that isn't. I have hosted a few before and this was not a problem.

If you are worried I would suggest tying names into the general mechanics instead of adding a rule like anyone can namekill type deal.

Roles like:
Namecop - Reveals name if mafia, Town if town.

1 shot name vig- At night may kill a player. If the real name submitted is correct your shot is recharged.

Name Senator - If you pm the real name of your lynch target to the mod your vote counts as 2. with some limitations (cannot submit different names for the same user during the day or host just doesn't tell him result).

Mafia redirector - May redirect any night action from a player to a another player if the end target name is correct. i.e redirect from jeremy_anon to ryan_anon(faZ).

Something like that is the route I would go.

2 Likes

this is essentially the same thing though

i disagree entirely.

yours is far more fun however

1 shot name vigi is essentially the role that every player is given aka a setup with everyone as vigi.

Try it

yeah im down to do it. I dont want to singlehandedly balance a game though. I think I will ask a couple of nonsigners like matty to help me produce a balanced setup. I mean we could do it here too but imo that removes some of the fun of the players figuring out best approaches and role pitfalls or whatever.

trying to encourage people to sign via pm

also this reminds me of another issue that with anonymafia that magic also complained at me about. it's just annoying to juggle accounts. at the very least we could look into like stopping non anonymous accounts from posting in the game thread but on the fly switching sucks. we would have to create our own solution. at the very least we could frankenstein the shit outta the "anonymous categories" plugin to make it so like its on a per-thread basis and people dont post as anonymous they post as Anonymous Carlos

being someone who has a short attention span and would very likely post on the wrong account i really understand that its annoying to switch, and that solutions like "use a different browser" just aren't great. it might be easy if you only come here to play mafia like faz but yeah for regular posters we need better for future runs

maybe @ironstove can throw the $50 he was willing to throw away for some software on tpb towards a bounty for anyone who creates this plugin

what kinda anonymafia game would people like to play

• medium sized
  • large size

0 voters

i was holding out for large size but we still dont really have the signs for it. if we did a medium sized game i thin kid only need a few more signs.

I don't think you can have cakes and eat it or something.