Cooking thread

its all been eaten.

Do not do this

fuck i want steak

Ghetto Corsican toast and a tiny buffalo ribeye

6 Likes

Making "Mexican" chocolate icecream.

Haven't made icecream all summer. So hyped.

3 Likes

Now I let the mixture sit in the fridge till tomorrow morning...

Perfecting my steak and amogue recipe.

Use diced tomatoes as a base, add garlic, onion and italian herbs to your desired taste

Beat your meat real thin then bread with italian herbs and sear both sides for a couple minutes (i use charcoal because I'm a masochist). Let rest for 10 minutes then top with your amogue as you eat.

1 Like

Add egg yolk if you want a stickier breading

1 Like

any recs for something to learn to cook?

i have nothing but time and want to improve my fundies.

Know its a vague ass question

If you're gonna cook you'll need decent equipment so buy some cheap stuff that American Test Kitchen recommends.
Then just cook stuff that you either enjoy at restaurants or that you can find in a youtube video.
In the beginning try to cook anything that uses too many pans and stuff. It'll be nice, but you'll hate having to clean all the shit afterwards.

i have good equipment and am fairly compitant. not an expert by any means but have decent equipment and like can do the basics well.

just looking for something new to do / up my game.

decided to make tamales cuz i'd like to make them for christmas this year

if youre looking for meat dishes chicken and beef are pretty cheap and mix well with most things.

watchu workin with baby girl?

your own tomato and pesto sauces for pasta
burgers/meatballs
stuffed chicken breast or peppers
scalloped potatoes or fries/sweet potato fries
you could try a lasagne? I know it takes a bit of time though

I've always wanted to try pho or ramen but have yet to actually do it.. lots of random spices that I don't own

2 Likes

ooo i like the idea of making my own sauces. ima try that too.

1 Like

i just asked a friend of mine for a recipe but ima try a few fillings. beef (chuck) and pork.

i feel like ima terribly fuck up the tamales the first try because i haven't really made much with masa before but i wanna learn.

I've made pesto with spinach and basil before but I've also made it with avocado so there's varieties for sure

can probably make some neat sauces.. my mom makes a white wine alfredo sauce that's nice

1 Like