Curse of Strahd - Character Creation

@Kato and @Mukk

You guys both look good

Will resolve tonight and also deliver backstory and trinkets

I think I have three. shape water frostbite and ice knife

I’m looking for a new bodyguard to be the brawns to my brains, as I decided caretaking for alightsoul’s useless chunk of meat would be too much of a hassle.

Thought I saw two.

Also if anyone has their image they can pm or put here. The image on the profile is a thumbnail to me. It’s not required but might help you get to know your allies!

i was gonna try and find a different image but the default triton one actually fits pretty well

That’s alright I wasn’t going to do anything to actually guard you anyway.

I’ll do it this afternoon

Roras such a great host, hope I could get in the next session :)

oh I think i thought that cantrips counted as prepared spells. Now I have 3 spells prepared

1. Jūnter Hīllsōn, Hīll (Heel) is not only preferred, it is the only one used and most anyone would know.
  2. I knew them before leaving town to fight in a campaign, no idea if they’re alive as I never inquired or returned.
  3. It’s possible, but there weren’t any before I left my hometown
  4. Between 30-34, exact age is uncertain
  5. No, I’ve haven’t stayed in one place since I was a teenager
  6. As a young man I joined an “army” of sorts and after that campaign ended, I continued to travel alone
  7. I only believe in a “creator” which could be anything from a deity to a non personified metaphysical or physical force of nature
  8. Myself, but not in an especially selfish way. I don’t go out of my way to harm or inconvenience others, but keeping myself alive is my priority out of habit.
  9. Having everything taken from me in battle like I saw so many times during the war campaign, how a man can lose their life, their family, everything they’ve ever owned, and even their legacy.

@discobot roll 1d100 for trinket

:game_die: 77

My trinket is 77: Small, worn book of children’s nursery rhymes.

Backstory:

Brendan the Great (Brendan) is very secretive about his past. It is unclear if he has ever had any family, had any place to call home, or lived any differently than he does today. What we can say for sure is that he lives in a state of disarray (dark days and even darker nytes, sleeping on hay bales or beneath the open sky if he has to), he has spent years studying Alchemy and the Arcane Arts, and he has no arms or legs.

In his studies he has come across repeated references to a shady group of spellcasters, nicknamed “The Grove,” whom he believes to be practicing blood magic, human sacrifice, child abuse, and all variety of other dark things. He has never met this group nor does he have any indication they exist aside from faint murmurings in the ancient texts. Nonetheless, stopping the Grove and preventing their misdeeds is his primary motivation for embarking on this adventure.

Brendan is inherently distrusting of people who are different from him. Other races, other castes, other ideologies. He is known to speak in acronyms when he meets these people, especially if he believes them to be agents of the Grove, insulting them with odd combinations of letters and words they do not understand.

He may need some of your assistance in the coming campaign. He can, after all, not walk. He also has no arms to carry himself. Just know that he will never ask for it, for, despite his shortcomings, he is fiercely independent.

How does he move around?

He has an enchanted scooterboard possessed by his rockstar lumpy ancestor, Benjamin Virgenty the Turd that he can telepathically communicate with

Hi,

I know you are trying to be thoughtful but your comments are really not helping. Please keep in mind that all people come from different situations and remember to be respectful when we play the game.

Thank you

In fact I would appreciate it if all of you would cease your demeaning comments about my character in the thread.

If you saw a disabled person in the street you would not go up to him or her and say “How do you move around?”, would you?