Curse of Strahd - Character Creation

My character has no arms or legs. It’s a completely normal thing. Let’s all just please move on and stop talking about it in the thread.

that question seems rhetorical since usually when i see disabled people on the streets they are in one way or another moving, unless someone very rude left them out there :vb-mad:

If I saw a disabled person without arms or legs lying about in the street, completely unable the move I’d be very worried and would probably try to help him. The fact that you said that he chooses where to sleep brings me to believe that he does have a way to move around, and I’m wondering how.

He told me.

Sorry but if I’m going on an adventure with you I think this is a serious question. WTF are you? A blob?

What do you call a guy with no arms or legs in a swimming pool? Bob.

What do you call a girl with no arms or legs in a frying pan? Patty.

In the case that he can not move at all I suggest that the strongest (highest strength modifier) of us has to carry him around.

I guess it wouldn’t be hard to fashion some sort of backpack sack, not like you gotta provide an ergonomic experience or anything lmao

seems like orienting him to be “facing” forward would be a challenge but lets get some more engineering takes

@Alightsoul please define the design of your being thanks

Well he is a wizard and could create a magic floating disc he could sit on, but he has apparently not chosen this spell.

And I fail to understand why he would create a character with such high strength and dexterity and such low intelligence, considering that he is a wizard and he has no way to hold a weapon. Is this whole character a troll?

im specifically wondering if he has a head or is it basically a face transplanted onto a rock

We’ll probably need a horse and a carriage for the adventure? Perhaps Alightsoul could just lay down there along with the baggage.

“I am a great soft jelly thing. Smoothly rounded, with no mouth, with pulsing white holes filled by fog where my eyes used to be. Rubbery appendages that were once my arms; bulks rounding down into legless humps of soft slippery matter. I leave a moist trail when I move. Blotches of diseased, evil gray come and go on my surface, as though light is being beamed from within. Outwardly: dumbly, I shamble about, a thing that could never have been known as human, a thing whose shape is so alien a travesty that humanity becomes more obscene for the vague resemblance.

I have no mouth. And I must scream.”

Lol totally fine with. No arms or legs character. You would need a way to be mobile. Prothstetics, mount , flying disc etc.

I suggest the disc, either that or an elaborate set of enchanted ropes and pulleys.

He’s using klaze as his mount

Or me I guess I think I have the highest strength

My character is not a charity worker (he only engages in relationships where he stands to gain something), nor does he really have the strength to carry alightsoul’s useless shit around.

Agreed. It just seems like an unnecessary burden forced onto a free man.

Im using him as a shield so I’m cool with it.