Curse of Strahd - Character Creation

https://www.dndbeyond.com/profile/Beastofburden/characters/5444178

I’m not being hunted it’s the general presence of the vampire (and his intentions) that’s threatening my character’s Lifestyle which he is attempting to preserve.

https://www.dndbeyond.com/profile/a2pas/characters/5442362
Alright I 100% selected “weapon and shield” and it gave me one shield and no weapon

Also dndbeyond is a discourse website I’m surprised most of it’s stuff isn’t able to preview considering it’s builtins

I’m so fucking bad at writing stories

Could prolly make an extension for this, looks easy enough https://github.com/MiguelAngelLV/steamuser-onebox/blob/master/plugin.rb

It’s unlikely you would know him at this point or his exsistence. But I’ll see what I can do.

@dnd-party

I’m going to be writing a plot hook hopefully this morning before I go out. To help fill in character details. If you have any questions let me know. Try to get a sheet done or at least a concept we can work with by the end of the weekend.

Sidenote if we do maintain this level of interest i probably will have to split the party into two groups.

Undecided if it should be the same story/world, same story different world, or something completely different.

What are your thoughts?

We could always just play with a bigger party who knows.
Also I have no idea if this is a thing but could there be a Party vs Party Pvp kind of thing? Just an idea, don’t know if it’s a real thing in DnD.

Never ran two groups in the same world. they would interact. Not sure what I would do. Party members attacking each other is normally a recipe for disaster.

But party v party kinda makes sense, so in not sure at this juncture.

In a perfect world I would want a party size of 3-5. But I’d be willing to have 8 or so in one group. But if we got 12 guys I think two parties of 6 is the best.

Make sure your character is built in the campaign I created so I can see who’s playing and stuff.

@dnd-party
Here is a brief into/plot hook to help give you some names/locations and ideas. This is not 100% set in stone but just trying to help you guys out with ideas. Feel free to ask for help questions! I would love to help create a story/personality for you. I'm aiming for everyone having a character concept/sheet done by this weekend September 24, 2018 3:59 AM. Spend the next week flushing out details and backstory. Also giving me prep time for each character. I would like to start around next weekend September 29, 2018 12:00 PM or that following Monday October 1, 2018 2:00 PM.

The players start out in a small village called Woodpine, on the far outskirts of Phlan along the moonsea. The village has with roughly 100 people living there. The towns master Ered Leofhelm has posted a notice about a reward. A stable boy by the name of Davork has gone missing. They noticed strange tracks outside the stable on the night of his disappearance. A few adventures such as yourself have answered this plea for aid by the towns master. You have been in town for almost a week with no leads or new information. The boy has not returned, nor have their been any more disappearances or tracks.

As they days turned to weeks, your coin purse is running low. With your coin purse depleted you no longer are able to afford to stay. You spend your last night like you did every other night at the tavern, The Cutter's Lodge. You have made some friends and acquaintances with a handful of adventures in a similar situation. Most of you are in the same boat, with no new information or money coming in they all will have to leave. You start getting ready to head to your room in the inn, saying one last goodnight to your new friends and acquaintances, when the door to the tavern suddenly swings open..

Ted, a Triton druid.

Previously a caretaker of the ocean floor, one day in his travels he stumbled across a sunken wreck of a ship. Curiosity overtook him, and he began searching the wreckage. Within, he found many remains, as well as an ancient tome sealed in an air pocket. The tome contained an ancient demonic knowledge, predicting the deaths of millions, however cursed him with the knowledge of the horrors that accompanied it. Scarred from the knowledge, he took to the surface in an attempt to stop the horrors that he had seen. Emerging from the sea in a small town known as Woodpine, his journey to stop the Eldritch horrors begins.

1 Like

@discobot roll 1000d1000

I only have 20 dice. Shameful, I know!

Did you know that the maximum number of sides for a mathematically fair die is 120?

:game_die: 71, 36, 81, 54, 104, 77, 46, 65, 35, 90, 22, 115, 119, 83, 8, 20, 70, 87, 51, 36

Unfortunate.

I don’t really understand the character PDF you posted. Is every character supposed to have a “Haunted” backstory where they are chased by one of the options on that list?

No it’s just an option

You should get a trinket though I bet those are important

Can you help me understand the steps for character creation

Should I just go through this website and choose things and then write a backstory?