Curse of Strahd - Character Creation

What are “Monk weapons”? I can’t find anything about it. Nvm found it.

I’m gonna guess the site is wrong and I’m on 12 armor because Basic clothes still count as unarmored

A monk weapon is anything you are proficient with. The book does not have stats but lists flavor weapons.

The PHB talks a bit about flavoring monk weapons. Clubs as nunchaku. sickle, sword as kama. etc

Also try not to read to much into the backstory of CoS. We’ll go over things as we get closer ^^

You armor is fine. Monks get the ability to use 10+DEX+WIS. However everyones default unarmored is 10+DEX. Since monks can’t use armor the have an ability that lets them add wisdom to it. But since yours is negative it uses the higher default ac. (kind of weird but technically correct)

perfect.
I entered my guys weight in Kilograms instead of pounds and can’t change it but other than that I think I might be done.

I’ll probably write the opening hook sometime this weekend if it helps you figure out things about your character.

I did point buy. Dumped all my points into Charisma and Intelligence.

i was gonna be a sweet dwarf pally but a2pas is a VIRGEN so it was back to the drawing board

I’m still deciding on race yikes

Okay cool!

NMA and Mukk can be friends due to NMA not talking much. Klaze needs a backstory though. I’d also like a roleplay name from nmagane but whatever. Even jacob would be good.

As for my equipment I got the monster pack, and equipped a great axe.

@discobot roll 1d100

And my trinket is a book of rhymes I got from my mother

:game_die: 78

Hey everyone, none of you outside of Roragok will know me, but I was planning on joining you all on this adventure. I have created an Elf Ranger named Trailyn. I look forward to getting to know all of you and having a blast playing! Please feel free to ask any questions.

Trailyn was born into an affluent Shader-kai family in the Shadowfell. Both his parents were high-ranking agents for the Raven Queen and for that reason, his family moved back and forth from the material plane to Shadowfell. Trailyn learned at a young age not to get close to anyone as he would soon be taken away from them without a moments notice.

Once Trailyn journeyed out on his own, he kept his sheltered nomadic tendencies until he ran into a beautiful Shader-kai elf by the name of Helayna. Helayna was finally able to keep Trailyn from continually moving between cities, and for once, he was okay with it.

Everything seemed perfect for few years, but Trailyn should have known that something good will never last. And just as quickly as Helayna came into his life, she was ripped away from him.

Trailyn was awoken one night by a blood-curdling scream. As he sprung out of bed, he was horrified to see Helayna's body being held 8 feet in the air by what seemed to be a jagged shadow in the shape of a massive humanoid. The shadow slowly slit his Helayna's throat and then threw her limp body violently against the wall of their bedroom.

50 years have passed since that dreaded night, but Trailyn still swears the shadow that murdered his Helayna is stalking him. He fears that if he does not keep moving, it will one day catch up with him and force him to relive the pain he felt many years ago for the rest of eternity.

Very nice RP. Welcome aboard my man

So far we have NMA being hunted by a vamp, me being haunted by guilt/curse, and you with a spooky monster. Our party is all running from something, that’s cool

We played together for I believe two sessions? In the last NADota game he ran on roll20

Awesome! I’m pumped to join you all in some play by post. And further flesh out our characters.

Jilsen

Hunter Jilsen

Very nice