DOTA LIVE

No lie bulba may have won TI5 but the way EG has played these past 3 years is so stale apart from sumail getting a comfort pick and going 23-0-32 (and even then sometimes losing)

I'm not sure how much credit bulbs should get, I think they won ti5 because of aui_2000 telling them to pick techies.

I don't even know why these teams need coaches to begin with and I don't like how they diminish the role of the team captain.

As I understand it, seems like the role is most useful in being an impartial third party / scapegoat so that tension between players is reduced.

It's also an extra set of eyes going over replays and shit, doing scouting, and so on, which lets players focus more on practice.

Lastly, coach can watch game from Obs POV and give you pointers mid-series whereas normally you're not gonna have enough time to review between games.

There are definitely benefits. Coaching has evolved a lot whereas it used to seem like a free ride to TI for your close friends that didn't make it with their team.

coaches suck, all they do is make the players play against their strengths for the sake of muh teamwork. Fucking disgusting, none of those picks are EG picks all bulba trash drafts and boring gameplay.

ever since liquid lost their TI-winning coach they sucked, coincidence?

on the other hand, the fact sunbhie is coaching secret proves coaches don't matter :smile:

1 Like

heavily agree w this

coach isnt as vital as having great 5 members of dota but they make a difference if they know something. even if they dont i guess they can be there to keep morale up, settle any disputes quickly and jack off players/hand out waterbottles. but I definitely think a top tier coach would have something valuable to add during series and could/should even go the full mile of analyzing adversaries and breaking them down

dc won because of loomdun watch your mouth

loomdun must be one hell of a coach until he tries to grab your ass

1 Like

This is a chicken and egg statement

for you

I would let loomdum grab my ass for a chance at 1 million dollars. Just saying.

2 Likes

Id go all the way with loomdun for about 200 bucks

@Loomdun you hear this dude

Yeah cuz loomdun didnt try to invade how his players fucking play with muh strats and muh game knowledge and muh air tight draft, like bulbtard does.

I havent seen EG pick an EG draft when it mattered, only see a fucking bulba try hard gotta win draft when they get pushed to the wall. Hes obviously invasive, and its why they end up 3rd because when it fucking matters they dont play like themselves.

some redditor level analysis of professional play

1 Like

:smile_new:

muh teamwork

so your telling me its an EG thing to draft Triple long CD(doom, haunt, exorcism) team fight team for a GAME 5? That strat 100% REEKS of bulba dota. Its obvious he invaded their draft strat, and pretty mucch fucks them every time it matters.

it is, they played a lot of doom, DS, earthshaker, spec and even enigma/tide recently and had great success

i see your point though, they had some great games with faster, not CD-reliant lineups but those were mostly group stage, the game 5 would've probably been better off with sumail lesh/storm instead which both were banned by secret