El Grande Caravan

I think best case scenario is probably you set up a little libertarian city-state along the mexican side of the border and all these people settle there and live agricultural lifestyles\

Or second best case scenario you just go back 30 years and fix the governments of these countries instead of injecting weapons and propping up cia-backed dictators who would eventually be deposed and destabilize the region

I think if we could go back in time and save jfk from being killed by the cia he could have prevented the organization’s rise to power and eventual shenanigans which ultimately royally fucked things up for us modern people

Hindsight is 20 = 20 I guess

This is a reason why ewiz and slowdive (aka libs) feel like we should let these degenerate country hikers in our country

I say let them in but move them all to south Boston

Let bees and his Shanty Irish family take care of them

distribute them evenly among the households of the libs whining for them to be let in

This is why we're kind of obligated to let them in.

Also, framing it as economic instability is really disingenuous. It's far worse than just economic instability. It's government sanctioned mass murder

Do you really think they are walking through several countries just for a shot at a pay raise?

On top of the abuse by those states, working folks are the frequent targets of organized crime in those states.

Cant feed your children because the gangster points a gun at your head and steals your paycheck every week? thats a wicked economic instability

How is it government sanctioned mass murder

Half the countries in sa/ca are like this - not to mention in other parts of the world

Is the correct solution really to march all these people to the southern border of our country and grant them asylum?

no one is calling this a solution. it is a decision we make in the meantime

That doesn’t mean it’s not government sanctioned mass murder, just that it’s prevalent across the region. The government is in the pocket of the games and cartels that indiscriminately kill civilians

My point is that it’s not a sustainable solution to take people from poor countries with ineffective governments and move them into wealthy countries with (arguably) effective governments

You can’t just pick people up and move them and expect the problem to be solved because the problem is a people problem, not a geographic problem - barring like some anthropological nonsense from jared diamond which isn’t really what we’re talking about here

And there is such a supply of people in these awful situations that 1) your precedent can’t be letting people in for this and 2) it’s unfair to let people march in and get accepted when others apply through the correct channels and wait for years to be let in

no one is calling it a solution

Exactly. The solution is to stop interfering in elections, support economic development and infrastructure projects, etc

Right so basically there’s no argument in support of these people except “they’re humans and deserve decency” which we all agree with, and ‘i dont like trump’ which we also all agree with

But neither of them are actual support of the situation

also ewiz keeps saying government sanctioned mass murder lol