Explanations For How Dota2 Got So Bad

• Patches are no longer dictated by IceFrog (dumb smelly Arab) as he was replaced with a woman.
  • All multiplayer games gets worse over time as the players naturally degenerate towards the strategies of least resistance.

All of Valve's multiplayer games got worse over time not through random entropy/evolution of a player base (if anything the players collectively skill up, discover new mechanics and share knowledge)

They got worse over time through the introduction of extremely ill-advised changes made by the developer

The only fair conclusion to make is that Valve is no longer effective as a developer/game dev company and will make only trash from now on. If they make something good, they will ruin it in a few years. Even if the dev team moves on and the game is officially put out to pasture, there is no guarantee some pink-haired lunatic will not do a development drive-by years later with a major "balance patch" that wrecks core parts of the game

This is the result of an org with no structure or vision. Its output is only good until you hire the first moron, who can then run around destroying everything

Valve is a company unlike any other. They make games like counter strike, run tournaments, make hardware like the deck, and run a mega store where people go to buy games, oh and I guess you can throw in the hat market too/gambling as something they play a huge role in unlike any other company.

They're the ones who are always innovating because they take chances and make mistakes and open themselves up to criticism because they're trying to do it right and taking chances to find out and learn. Most other large companies in gaming just watch and imitate because they're run by people who just care about money and have no passion for the subject. Keep the criticisms rolling in. Some valid, some not, but people who don't want to hear bad things are people who don't want to improve.

1 Like

is this an AI generated post?

With that said, I stopped playing Dota about a year ago. The user experience with matchmaking was so horrible and tilting to me because you couldn't find any semblance of consistency in what type of people you'd be playing with or against and the whole no concede still not being a part of the game when you know it's over after the first 5 min is just asinine and a completely ■■■■■■■■ and pointless disrespect of people's time.

I love Dota, I do. It's such a fun game but it's the poor management of the matchmaking and lack of free agency that it brings while also consistently netting a negative experience that eventually got me to quit because I felt like it would never change after years. Fuck smurfs, fuck hackers, and fuck all the people in the community who gas light you and call you a salty noob for saying that shit when there's blatant fucking proof that even pros were doing it LMAO. Fucking equivalent to talking to a QANON believer. Anyway, I woke up and realized that everyone was hacking so I was wasting my time trying to get better and stay engaged in the game because it was always this battle between smurfs and hackers on each side. Like people with <500 games playing in 5k mmr is bullshit IMO. I can't fucking believe you'd get that much game knowledge but then I realized what a waste of my life it was to spend so much time on a useless game which everyone was cheating in anyway, might as well just play the game of life since it pays better because I'm getting fucked either way.

I am basically a LLM/AI because I just string together words without thinking about what I'm saying and also have hallucinations

2 Likes

thread ruined.

• The developer team trooned out.

I think that as games become more solved they simply get worse regardless of what the devs do..

• A product manager integral to DoTA2's success was killed by an illegal alien.
  • Punishment from God.

Illegal immigrants are extremely good for the economy and the ones migrating are by in large the ones running from crime, not the ones comitting it

We should also free palestine

• New Environmental Regulation introduced in the State of Washington diverts valuable time and energy away from Patch Development.
  • Developers Upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 7.
1 Like
  • Offshoring, hat development subcontracted. The International subcontracted.

My thesis in this thread is that "solved" games only occur when made by bad game developers in the first place.

TF2 and Counter-Strike were never "Solved." The strategies and playerbase evolved to be more skillful but it didn't make the game less fun.

In cases where a game that is supposed to have longevity can be "solved" (and therefore requires endless patching and rotating "metas"), it just means the game was not built well. In some cases this permanent incompetence/failure to create a good game actually serves the developer's purpose well as it leads into the modern "games as a service" model - aka you can never fire me, have to keep paying me indefinitely for the thing you already paid for.

Imagine if in my job I told people I work for that I am so incompetent that they can never fire me - they will need me to continually make changes to the product I sold them already, until one day I get bored and move to another project and then they will be stuck with the shit "solved" version I left them with.

Except TBC arena... Garrote raping a priest will never be boring...

Thread saved.