[GAME] The Fall of Tinsel Town Act 2-5

You, on the other side have made no reads of your own and depend solely on your chosen “side” to get the reads for you.

It doesn’t matter. I won’t duel D3 and you can wait for me to die.

I propose a new system for tomorrow:

We vote on players as usual i.e. who we think is scum doing a traditional 'vote/lynch player’

the 2 players with the most votes are then made to duel each other (Or player w/ second most votes simply duels #1), how does that sound? OFC the player with the most votes should then be lynched so long as everyone follows the same order prior to the duel starting.

This provides several advantages:

1. Does not lock us into a random duel which a large portion of players are unhappy with
  2. Easier to follow/track the game, and more organized discussion happening
  3. Less RNG = More likely that we’re able to hit scum rather than target town vs town.

The problem I’m seeing right now is that we’re jumping the gun into duels and it feels like we’re getting stuck in T v T locks, and we’re also ignoring the input of the entire playerbase.

The entire premise of the game is very simple game theory, where preemptively exercising your power to duel hurts the entire group of town if you’re a town player, halting a duel also hurts town, and helps the mafia towards their win-con, whereas going the harder route and withholding your abilities altogether and playing like a VT and voting with the community is the +EV town play.

I purposed this 2 posts into D1, naturally no one followed along.

This is just not going to happen ironstove im soryr

I explained why. When town gets power they abuse it. It was totally predictable.

Nitpicking, but you still wanted to duel, just with the top two.

I will not be dueling tomorrow.

Obvious issues I see with this proposal are that you might have rogue town players or non-buy ins that refuse to play this way.

The line of thinking is, ‘If I wanted to play like a VT, why am I signed into a non-VT game?’

However I guess that’s the balance of it, we have PRs, but the PRs themselves are more harmful than helpful if you’re town. One PR locks out all user input/voting ability, the other self-kills without even knowing the outcome. It’s basically a super-nerfed bodyguard and I already think bodyguard is a really weak PR to begin with.

You will be dueling me

That’s a terrible move.

Why the hell do you say this

That’s such a bad move Klaze. There’s no way you’re town.

Why duel the 3p?

I knew Ironstove was 100% town - an incredibly easy read and accurate once again.

If people don’t want to buy in, can we get an idea of who wants to and doesn’t want to buy into this idea? This entire setup seems to really hinge on town players lacking the ability to play as a team moreso than scum hunt like in other setups. The mechanic of providing each player with a button to self-destruct and destroy another player is too alluring to ignore.

1 Like

Town Read: Ironstove, Yns, Jdance, ironstove
Town lean: Epok, DEEPTHROAT
Null: jones
Scum lean: Nmagane, KKat
Scum read: Benny, matty, gamut

You’re highly likely 3p based on this.

Retarded