Gamers Thread

I've played Nioh/DS/BB but Sekiro just looks too bland, doesn't have any of the customization/variety of dark souls and every fight looks the same pretty much (LB+Attack)

im purposely not looking at sekiro but from what ive read the posture system seems better than anything Dark souls does, that game is press roll for iframes and swing to win. youre probably right that theres like way less variety in player builds tho, never mattered to me cuz i am braindead large swordsman

i am trying not to spoil alightsoul at all but i think the argument that you dont need to press enough buttons to win is silly. seems fine enough to me when you consider that bosses can incidentally 1 shot players all the time while players can only cut slivers of health, and boss fights vary so wildly that it doesnt matter what you press so much as what youre doing

I mean what I have seen of DS boss strategy is you strafe around their feet and abuse roll i-frames and other glitchy or buggy mechanics to get a win in situations where you otherwise wouldn't

It also seems intentionally dickish with enemies crawling out of dark corners and knocking you off tiny narrow bridges and shit

All in all i think the defining mechanics are crude and unappealing and sekiro takes the good parts (cool boss design and combat, strong sense of place) and leaves the bad behind

youre implying that all the bosses are 1 v large guy
or that they all take place in similar situations
or that the only strategy is use short blade to kill

youre right that some of it is intentionally dickish but i am very sure sekiro does not exclude this nature because it is a hallmark of their level design and people would be upset if it wasnt there. again, the whole point is that its like a zelda game for adults. enemies are always in the same place when you see them like in Zelda, only now youre being expected to be cautious, learn to deal with odds not being in your favor, and being forced to think outside the box to make it past a stage.

youre also missing the obvious part that these dickish moves the devs sprinkle in are pretty uniform throughout the games and aren't overly dickish, they inspire you to think and approach them differently and become a better gamer in the end lol. sorry you are so averse to these kinds of things, maybe you should just stick to nintendo exclusives dude

i was once you

thought people were just looking for excuses to say they were better than others, that the experience is probably more aggravating than awesome, that the games whole atmosphere was just not my thing. but eventually i just listened to advice from friends of mine and took the plunge. i think if you like being challenged in a single player game as you probably did when you were a tyke youll like the game.

and for the record, i believe youre trying to make an argument that the difficulty is artificial or something along those lines, and i believe the reality here is that there are many other games with actual artificial difficulty and no real invigorating challenge because their devs didnt care as much about playing it. go and play other games made to be difficult and youll realize how finetuned and "fair" the whole experience is in a Dark Souls game. It's v worth playing, not perfect, but still a desparately needed game in todays casual times

mfers give me shit for calling DKC2 one of my favorite games and the series as one of my favorites but they set the gold standard for difficulty when i was young. some of the games and areas are more difficult than others but i cant imagine a kid not struggling on any of those games. its definitely much easier than dark souls but it's still a well-tuned non-casual game.

I think you are mischaracterizing my argument by imagining that I judge people for playing these games or think they are only pretending to like them or that the difficulty is artificial when really I am just saying that I know what I like and it's not this

It's totally fine for people to like different things and have different opinions

For example I don't know if I've shared my opinion on hollow Knight but it's basically the same thing. I understand that it's a "well- designed game" in that it has all this artsy stuff and it's difficult and some people really love it. But I decided, after 100%ing it, that I really just didn't have fun and I am looking for a very specific thing in a video game and it's ok to decide something isn't what I'm looking for even if I can also recognize that it is an objectively "good" game

Maybe I did not express that effectively earlier but I think you immediately jumped to being super defensive about this because you have been playing those games recently

maybe you dont like the genre or that particular game concept but yeah youre still makin up shit

also its not okay for people to like different things if they both consider themselves woke

sorry dude youre just another NPC brainlet

i enjoy relatively easy games with good music and take little pleasure in getting good at most aspects of most games

1 Like

lol what

r u on stims today

yeah i am im just fucking now tho

i am passionate about games and passionate about giving refpsi shit tho

I do agree that jenanda is appearing to backtrack from this tho

Grinding something hard then finally being good enough to win is infinitely more fun than just cruising through

1 Like

The lack of customization and camera issues are my two biggest complaints and only thing holding it back from a 10/10. You're basically forced to play a dex build for 20+ hours.
That said posture system is real fucking good and strictly better than dark souls dodge roll big hp bars imo. It rewards being aggressive and not letting the bosses control the flow of the fight. Unlike dark souls, which is dodge until you can get a hit. I thought I wouldn't like the combat system as much easier but the different boss enemies are pretty different fights

got bored of sekiro after beating it once, only darksouls 2 had the same effect.
wish we got bloodborne 2 instead tbh

hey anyone with bloodborne want to help me clear logarius real quick

im just too lazy and this fights particularly annoying, im just doin a little grinding before yhargul. ANd YEs, i am a casual who doesnt mind summoning to clear bosses when they gay.

looks good