Gamers Thread

I am not referring to the dotas balance constantly thrown around like its in a dryer making it organic BTW. Just the players and what heroes are on the battlefield and the different aspects of the different mecahnixs. It ends up being that the experience is very organic because you have to react to the whole GAMe board infront of you with what abilities youre granted and you end up having quite a lot of varied play in a couple critical games.

If we tried to analyze smash likw this its easy to see how fucking stagnant the whole game is. Its just Bad to me.

kh is leaked

You really don't follow smash at all

nice

enlighten me on what strategic developmens have happened in ur kdis game

I don’t even play, but even the playstyle of like spacies has changed dramatically over the past 3 years. Maybe @Friend would be able to describe it better

Also, maps have rotated. Not in a while, but a decade ago tournament legal was very different

lol id like to see the particular pools but im pretty sure there is almost no variance in playstyle besides the fact that 1 is like a flat platform and the other is a flat platfrom with 3 small platforms above it.i feel like real enjoyable competitive games have a diverse set of distinct maps, its the kinda thing that brings out a different approach in order to get the W and its one thing that sets it apart from actual sports (being on different “battlegrounds”)

i have no idea what the pokemon stadium strategy is but i bet its quite a bit of shitty camping with the transformations but otherwise just the same old shit

Those are the formerly legal stage. Keep talking out your ass

okay what happened lmao

they took them out so who gives a shit, had to standardize everything didnt they xD

i dont really have a problem with other fighting games and their boring arenas because the pool of potentially good characters is always pretty good

smash is just a joke there, commmunity cant agree on a mod that introduces any form of balancing and its too hard to do that for kids to set it up so they just deal with it

There’s a reason each stage was disallowed. Walls allowing infinite combos, stage hazards, etc.

stage hazards – indeed. why have hazards? just make the pool completely nonunique. problem solved

Your argument was that it’s way too static and that the playstyle hasn’t changed (it has), and the stages haven’t changed (they have). You’re just wrong

Yeah, introducing RNG into games of skill is a great idea :rolleyes:

you misread what i said about changing stages. like other games have Map Pools that go through Rotations. That’s not a rotation those are just maps that have design flaws that cannot be patched in any form so they just get rid of it

its not a very good competitive game if it cant be tweaked lmao

would like to hear friends take on how playstyles have changed over the past 15 years but my sims is done installing so i must go play competitive games now.

Just go watch some old PCchris games and tell me that someone like fucking leffen plays even close to the same way lmao

The argument was that smash is an organic game. What you’re arguing that they should do is the opposite of organic. Patching and shit is not organic: it’s synthetic change

1 Like

Did you not read my fucking post about dotA

I don’t consider constant rebalancing to mix up the game any good. But if things are underpowered they should be brought back into the fray.

I see why people think youre annoying to argue with