Gamers Thread

Don’t think this is good.

yeah i just downloaded it cuz it was free and im v excited to play through it.

there are a lot of decent ‘dwarf fortress light’ games out rn if ur into that

i really like factorio and rimworld.

also if ur into crusader kings, ive been really enjoying stellaris. Really good online and i think the 2.0 update added a lot.

1 Like

Yeah factorio is one of the best games of all time - don’t think it compares to dwarf fortress though, very different games.
Factorio and DF are both one-of-a-kind Ultra-unique games that everyone should play.

Yeah I think playing Only Dota for years really fucked us up, but that’s ok.

But yeah when I say there’s no Good Games I just meant that no games give a unique and artistic experience anymore - it’s all the same, played out, multiplayer, online, ranked mmr, boring.

1 Like

obviously there’s exceptions like factorio (some older examples would be like dark souls 1 (not the later games)).

should i play ds1 if i liked demon souls but felt no need to play it more?

Like, even the most Hyped games like Nier automata is complete utter trash

1 Like

oh i realllly liked playing divinity original sin 2 with friends

im not 100% sure if i’d like it solo but i’d super recommend getting a group of 4 people and playing through it.

I didn’t play demon souls, no playstation, but after playing all the dark souls games; I can tell you for sure that you should play dark souls 1.
It’s just a very good experience, it’s like vanilla wow singleplayer.
Darksouls 2 and 3 are more like later WoW expansions… not bad but just a product of a now huge company making Products.

1 Like

(I didn’t play later wow expansions so that comparison may as well go in the garbage bin)

i’ve been thinking of rimworld and stellaris, but i think rimworld might be too much for my adhd (or inattention, whatever you guys wanna call it)

I really like sci-fi and space shit, but don’t really like 4x style, so stellaris has been on my watchlist too…

i had never played a game like it before stellaris

its kinda overwhelming i think you have to be okay wiht sucking at it for a while for it to be fun at first. i like still dont know all the mechanics and im about 100 hours into it.

yeah i can definitely feel this, i know we both did the mmr grind at some point Lmao. that shit was awful.

the real answer is just play melee but i doubt ill convince any of ya’ll to do it

melee is the first game i was d to waste my life for since like 2013 dota

i’m playing EVE Online literally just to pass time and it hasn’t been all bad. it seems like it may be in a worse state then when I last played it though which was like… 2012

oh so like

ive never played eve on line

but ive played a shit ton of star wars galaxies (boht live and emu) and love mmos wiht player economies

i feel like its 2 late to get into eve tho

Cant play online with egypt ping - also haven’t used anything other than a keyboard for around 20 years.

2 late for me to get into fighting games at this age. If diabotical doesn’t ignite my desire to “compete” in some way again, then I probably will not try to play another game competitively.

Also my brain does not like the anxiety that competition (especially 1v1) sends to me, but I’ve been trying to get through that - playing through that reflex tournament i half organized helped with that.