Hearts of Iron 4

kaiserreich; what if the central powers won world war 1

yeah for sure I’m looking forward to playing it, just getting the finer points down atm like air/naval/division design etc

gonna try using the democratic advisor and becoming democrat germany so I can ally with the UK, then we can team up and beat the nasty soviets

also I’ll save my war goal on poland till after I join the allies

the logistics :eyes:

only capitulated the soviet union once in vanilla and it was a nightmare

once you clear the baltic your organization just disintegrates if they put up any resistance

yeah some wars take so long lol

I was fighting one for 6 hours last night and didnt even realize if, time just disappears when I play this game its crazy

if it's a condensed front and you don't have breakthrough on your divisions it just becomes a meat grinder of who runs out of guns or people first

yeah I was doing around maginot super late as communist germany at like 1941 and they held me at the river long enough for the UK and allies to start pouring infinite resources on me. then Poland declared on me and I was
completely fucked

against the Netherlands

I lost like 2.5 million men lol

I had good tank divisions too

I always just run out of resources as germany thats why I think allying with UK will be clutch so I can keep trading with them and the other allies

tanks are fun but they're a trap for most nations after the expansions. watching that fuel gage plummet makes air or naval power seem more resourceful for most nations

most times more support equipment, guns, and artillery just give you a better result in a tough war

1 Like

yea vanilla hoi4 does a decent job of illustrating how trapped germany is if they want to become the dominant world power. invading england is nigh impossible you kind of just have to flex on everyone with your factories and manpower unless you can keep trade alive

1 Like

apparently they had jet engine fighters almost done in 1941 which were way way better and imo could have turned the war

but hitler in his infinite wisdom halted all research that would take longer than 6 months

although idk if they could have ever fully taken the soviet territory they’d have to settle for just the western parts

1 Like

when the USA goes megafascist and starts a war with the UK by attacking Canada and then Naval invades them so you don't have to fight a war on 2 fronts :hugs:

also having Rommel as a Field Marshal commanding a full armour unit lead by Guderian is hilarious, they have like 10000 bonuses