If you dont drive stick youre not a man

yes there is a difference between difficult and time consuming to me, its totaled because it requires a full rebuild which takes a lot of time and labor

Isnā€™t it difficult though? I mean most basic repair books for car models will only give like basic instructions for repairs on automatic transmissions and anything actually requiring pulling it out and rebuilding it the book will tell you to go get it serviced or buy a specific book on the transmission

I think something like replacing a head gasket is not ā€œdifficultā€ but definitely time consuming whereas rebuilding an automatic transmission is both difficult and time consuming

So get the book, from there if you can take it apart, you can put it together without needing any understanding of the engineering behind the design. Iā€™ve known people that did all their own work with no prior experience from just the manuals, both engine and transmission rebuilding. It just takes time. The shops have these books and use them for reference just the same.

Though it all requires the means to remove the engine or transmission in a way where it can actually be worked on. Iā€™d assume many donā€™t have this. That and specific tools that are basically necessary for certain applications. You take it into a shop and they have all of these things + experience to make it take less time than if you did it.

working on your own shit can get pretty frustrating if everything doesnā€™t go to plan even if itā€™s not ā€œhardā€ and you dont have a full stock of tools

eg. last week i was doing my front brakes, rotors and pads. Previous owner still had the dumbass stabilizer screws on the rotors they do from factory and there was zero chance of my breaking them without an impact driver, which i lost, so I had to go have someone pick one up for me. Then the shims for the shoes were a hair too thick for the shoes to sit right in the bracket with them, so I had to grind them down a bit rather than just not use them (which is viable). So what I couldā€™ve finished in an hour took closer to three from spending two just remedying bullshit.

Came in to say if you donā€™t ride dick youā€™re not a man but Huber dono handled the general sentiment thanks

Man. I should have just kept my shit Honda but my landlord wouldnā€™t shut up about it.
300k and still running good.

It had shitty peeling pant and honestly it had a shit interior. I sold it for $1200. What a mistakeā€¦

Holy shit what

Eh it really depends. Some times a simple drain and filter change (where accessible) is all that is need to stop a transmission from stuttering. CVTā€™s have problems and so do certain sequential manuals (and dual clutch) but otherwise as long as you keep up with maintenance it is pretty hard to fuck them up.

Wait fuck Iā€™m not suppose to know stuff.

Am I changing the transmission fluid right?

That photo is upside down

Not for meā€¦

Turn the photo around

Looks like you fucked up boyo

not sure what im looking at there, but it looks like you might need to need to enter a combination to gain access to that receptacle.