Is Nostalgia a Modern Concept?

I don't think history existed as a concept/idea in the 5th century.

If you were going to make that argument wouldn't it be more like 425 BC with Herodotus?

1 Like

:feelsspecialman:

What?

you don't have to pretend to ■■■■■■■■ on namafia to get attention your gondar rampage was good enough

dont use the n-word on this website; thanks.

In the year 300 AD, 900 years ago was -300% time.

you see you're trying too hard

I understand that you're the historian here, but this is not a discussion about history.
The thread is about psychology and ideas.

inferring ancient peoples didn't value and study history (as flawed as their accounts are (so are ours)) is psychological childs play at baiting a reaction

braindead moron

I didn't say that.

last book i was recommended and bought on namafia was an alightsoul special on pretending you have to sacrifice intellect to be Intune with your body. forgive me if i pass

i can replace it as my signature to remind you if needed

There is in general no consciousness in the Iliad. I am saying ‘in general’ because I shall mention some exceptions later. And in general therefore, no words for consciousness or mental acts. The words in the Iliad that in a later age come to mean mental things have different meanings, all of them more concrete. The word psyche, which later means soul or conscious mind, is in most instances life-substances, such as blood or breath: a dying warrior bleeds out his psyche onto the ground or breathes it out in his last gasp. The thumos, which later comes to mean something like emotional soul, is simply motion or agitation. When a man stops moving, the thumos leaves his limbs. But it is also somehow like an organ itself, for when Glaucus prays to Apollo to alleviate his pain and to give him strength to help his friend Sarpedon, Apollo hears his prayer and "casts strength in his thumos" (Iliad, 16:529). The thumos can tell a man to eat, drink, or fight.[5]

"Ancient Humans are Basically Modern Day Humans Without Iphones" - Your Viewpoint. LOL

are you trying to tell me people 2500 years ago had different ways of writing and describing things?

you don't have to be such a pussy you're smart you can have a conversation

No he isnt. He is intelligent