Is Nostalgia a Modern Concept?

it is wittgenstein's lion: there are still people on Earth today who perceive the inner-monologue in their head as God talking to them.

synonyms mostly. wise is probably what you meant

I have signatures disabled.
Regardless, when you say that people used to "value" and "study" "history", these quoted words mean different things and different ideas 2500 or even 1000 years ago.
The discussion is about "nostalgia" and it's existence as part of the social zeitgeist. The ability to feel longing for the past does not necessarily constitute the existence of the psychological/sociological structures that enable and these emotions.
If a tree falls and nobody hears it, it does NOT make a sound. The same concept applies to ancient peoples' "History".
For how much of the population was it possible to experience "nostalgia"?
Were lifespans long enough to experience "nostalgia"?
Did people want to experience "Nostalgia"?
The answers to these questions are probably all No.

i was just responding to your post but thanks

true in the last 100 years our lives have physically gotten significantly easier to the point where children in developed countries don't have to do anything but school. instead we can play dota and age of empires then look back fondly on the times we enjoyed doing things without having responsibilities. doesn't mean you couldn't have time to develop fond memories in tougher eras

we are literally talking in teamspeak about how he's just typing nonsense dude

I did get a rampage on Gondar yesterday, I feel Nostalgia towards that.

1 Like

goyclub will really hit next level when you guys get theodore in there

He read Sun and Steel guys

1 Like