Kotaku: Riot Hates Women

I doubt it unless her professional habits changed which they may have considering you were just a kid and she obviously didn’t respect you much but showing up 45 mins late to tell someone they’re fired is beyond rude and a real show of character

I would be very insulted if that happened to me

I don’t think affirmative action is that big of a deal quotas are illegal so the only time it actually does anything is if you’re blatantly not hiring people because of race or gender or whatever

which is obviously wrong and I don’t think happens very often but definitely does happen

now we know the last string for riot’s total success would be hiring RAT_IRL for the dev team

Don’t let some dumb chick at McDonald’s dictate your reactions a decade later

Let gooo

1 Like

further developments

https://twitter.com/MiniWhiteRabbit/status/1026923233281421312

https://twitter.com/MiniWhiteRabbit/status/1026960458610139136

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/95elic/inside_the_culture_of_sexism_at_riot_games/e3sd20f/

if u click the first twitter thread and start from the top it's clear she's a little nutty and she mentions being a source for the article

I'd want to hear exactly what she means by "rapes" as the full thread starts to paint a picture of a more complicated story

However it's clear things are about to get worse for Riot. It'd be nice to get our own little Weinstein Effect going in the games industry off this. Expose and pillory all the rapists and idiots

Honestly besides the sexual harassment it seems like your pretty standard cliché workplace that you aren’t apart of. No one listening to you, bitching about shit you need or want that no one cares about, being passed around managers if you started a division/project and they have no clue where to put you. It just sounds worse because instead of old white guy who wants to golf and is stuck in the 60s it’s a bunch of mid 20s-30s manchildren. I don’t think youll ever find a job where people listen to all of your ideas, give you everything you ask for, and aren’t understaffed sometimes

Competitive work environments are toxic waow who knew

We must abolish the wage

I hope we can get rid of entire companies (RioT) like we do individuals.

Also I hope Pendragon gets outed for being a rapist or w/e

1 Like

Conclusion: Don't move across the country/across the Atlantic to join a tech company

When you have to leave due to their awful nerd bro culture they'll hold your entire life, phone, belongings hostage to get you to sign an NDA

Highlights:

Rape became a punchline to jokes quite frequently, including one instance where an employee went on for several hours about how he was going to rape his male colleague, who was his hotel roommate. He was graphic in exactly how he was going to rape his roommate, who was a new hire, and it was obvious that the individual in question was extremely uncomfortable.

Doesn't this sound familiar.

Idea: A series of interviews with former NADotaers "exposing" harassment and toxic culture on the old website. May be able to get an old friend to come back for this one :smirk:

calling RioT a “tech” company is stupid.

1 Like

100% true

Not a single tech company I’ve worked for or know of sounds anything like the Riot shithole

Honestly I’m speaking generally about this trend of people moving across the country for a high- value tech job and finding themselves trapped with little leverage and no support net

If you guys haven’t seen the valve stuff I can link it later

But still lol riot makes technology. What’s ur issue

I think “tech” is a really terrible label.

It just means nothing, “I work Tech” - what does that even mean?

This is very true though - regardless of Bad Terminology.

riots a tech company to me lol. tech companies sell technology and put a lot of resources back into their engineering to “improve the product”.

also cap You also cant argue riot is Not a Tech company because theyre doing things more heinously than other tech companies lol