LBJ Mafia #1

Intro

Someone once said life is like a box of chocolates. I disagree. Life is a shit place where you are forced to pass the time until you die. Luckily, you have been given the chance to save someone from this dastardly fate. Beware though, for words contain power. Saving (condemning) another, even in jest, will cause the world to acknowledge your statements and work to accomplish that goal. Godspeed, savior of the world.

This is a closed setup, so while you will know how many town and scum there are, you will not know whether or not I have included any power roles. Normal Mafia Rules apply with the addition of the two rules stated in the sign-up thread.

1. You only get to place 1 lynch vote a day. Once placed it cannot be switched.
  2. If the day ends or majority is reached and you haven’t placed a vote, you and everyone else that hasn’t voted gets thrown into a roulette.

Role PMs

Pessimist (10)

Pessimist

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Pessimist. Tortured by your existence in life, and assuming others are as well, you relish the opportunity to surround yourself of like-minded people. Eradicate those who think life is worth living.

Abilities:

You have no abilities other than your voice and your vote.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Optimist (3)

Optimist PM

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are an Optimist, along with your partner(s), [Player Name]. Containing faith that the world will be a better place, you hope to survive this horrible experiment and live out the rest of your days in bliss.
Abilities:

Factional Communication: Each night phase, you may talk to your group here [Link].
Factional Kill: Each night phase, you may send a member of your group to target another player in the game, attempting to kill them.

Win condition:

You win when the Optimists obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Alive Players

@Yns
@TreeWonSevin
@Roragok
@Nmagane
@sdadasdas
@old_electrowizard_acc
@Flopagis
@Nyte
@Derumination
@SOPHIE
@Friend
@Ersu
@iaafr

PM’s have been sent out. Once everyone confirms the game will start. The cycle will be 36/12. Once majority is reached I would appreciate it if you would stop posting.

Also to head off a question, day chat is on for this game.

Day 1 Will End November 5, 2018 8:00 AM

Majority Lynch is 7

November 5, 2018 6:00 AM

Looking forward to the game

Can you make this pst? I’m on mobile

I’m on mobile too lol

I am also green looking forward to scumreading town

Hi, i’m iaafr (i am a fucking retard). i have randed Pessimist. Tortured by my existence in life, and assuming others are as well, I relish the opportunity to surround myself of like-minded people. I will eradicate those who think life is worth living.

First off, great flavor @LuckyArtist.

I intend to be blatantly pessimist-aligned in this game and vote optimists every day until I die.

Don’t snap vote. You have only one vote, so take the time you need to make sure your vote is on your top confidence scum.

I think we should develop a system for keeping track of everybody’s suspicions. If everybody follows this protocol, it will be much easier to keep track of people’s progressions and reasons.

Use @sus to indicate considerable suspicion. preferably, articulate reasons on the same post as best you can. You should use it when you want to add weight to a suspicion and indicate seriousness.

To search this tag, you can type \@sus in the search bar. I’ll try to keep track and do periodic suscounts (analogous to votecounts, since our lynches have to be reserved for final decisions).

Dear Optimists:

Try the best you can. I know it might feel difficult to conjure your town thoughts as scum-aligned with constant awareness of your questionable teammates’ weird ideas of what an actual town game looks like on top of your constant awareness of when people are already town, but ultimately it’s on you to carry your team with strong, towny pushes, towny emotions, while scumsiding as much as you can get away with. Push shitty town. Bussing is for fucking pussies (yes I know I’m a fucking pussy), but especially so in this setup. You can do it. I believe in you.

Dear Pessimists:

Don’t be fucking morons. Win me the game, fuckers. If you vote other town, I’ll make fun of you postgame for being a fucking retard. Policy votes are for losers, by the way. If you don’t wanna try, sheep my vote today. I’ll probably be right, and you’ll probably be wrong. If you’re better than me, prove it and tell me to sheep you. I intend to vote at the 30 hour mark of the game unless somebody I strongly townread agrees with me on a high-confidence candidate earlier than that. Reminder: bussing is for pussies, scum players. Don’t pocket me by killing your teammate, that’s absolute pussy shit.

Let’s have a great game, guys.

Do not vote me day 1. Do not vote me ever this game. It will be clear to most of the non-moronic town players in this game that I am town by the end of the day, so a vote on me is totally wasted regardless of your alignment. As town you would be playing against win-condition, and it is suicide as scum. If I am not night-killed or lynched, town will win. I have never been lynched as town outside of a 3-way tie rand of 1 vote each courtesy of nma’s setup and jdance: do not be part of the first group of town players bad enough to lynch town iaafr. Furthermore, if any town player is dumb enough to vote town iaafr, they are likely less useful moving forward than town iaafr.

Honestly, the Dear Pessimists part of my post is completely out of my scumrange because I fucking suck at scum, so I’ve locked myself town in one post. This is just from my own perspective: you don’t have to believe it, but it’s just true. Even though this is a prewritten post lmao. Which is also out of my scumrange because fuck I’d be so mad if i randed scum twice in a row when I just wanna relax and solve games.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I’m killing nmagane straight away

K i l l i n g

This isn’t a policy - it’s a passion. And honestly shut the fuck up.

not mutually exclusive

My passion is not a policy.

Heavy breathing

great post. i am tentatively reading you as town-aligned (pessimist). am i correct?

nods

puzzled to find no lynch vote