Mafia bot

So I see @discobot trawls through the site and gets called/comes in to post when it’s mentioned.

I tried to look at the discobot code on github, but I’m not completely understanding how it’s hooking up to the website and instantly replying. I figure it has some generic commands like diceroll and such, but does it have the capability of reading/processing all of the posts in a thread?

I’d like to try to add on some extension to the bot to have it function in the same way that stovebot was working in the old forums.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

Alternatively, if I wanted to create a bot, if modifying discobot isn’t an option, what other options are available?

I know the selenium bot I was using would prob work, but it was a standalone that was running on my machine locally, I think it would be pretty cool if something like discobot running server side could be created instead.

@discobot start advanced user

Maybe this

If you get something working in a local environment let me know.

You don’t want to crawl at all

Old namafia forum pi has a working bot that was using a crawler with selenium, it wasn’t the best implementation but it worked well.

I would have to update all of the XPaths to the ones on this site but I think it would work fine, however i know some things I need to figure out is how the bot interacts w infinite scroll on this site. Prev bot was saving the direct url for the last post it read and jumping to that pg. Worst case scenario I could have the bot reread every post when it runs every 60 seconds.

Make it way easier: don’t have the bot read all the posts. Require lynches to be accompanied by @'ing the bot

The Boot?

i assume the bot could be made and it would be like @mafiabot lynch retard-xyz

Yeah. Add in additional commands like
@mafiabot votecount
And
@mafiabot EoD
To get end of day time

The bot should be called Lynch so you can do “@lynch epok” for example.

@lynch name
@lynch count
@lynch time

You Don’t Need A Bot

Thing I like most about the bot was heyying vote count

not saying a bot wouldn’t be great but control f lynch on this site works pretty well for finding all lynchvotes quite quickly

the search button I mean

Yea, maybe a spreadsheet or something would be equally as effective without nearly as much hours needed to develop.

The big issue I was having in the games I’m in was keeping track of where the votes were being moved and how close to hammer the games were.