Mafia Rules Draft

That was the first usage of the emote on the forum by the way.

Well aren’t you just a little forum historian

No I just have exceptional memory.

I agree they are funny. If we’re trying to be serious I think either only alive players should be allowed to use at the minimum. But with no logs of then it’s hard to say they should be a thing.

In all honestly I think if people want to cheat they wouldn’t bother with secret temporary emote usage and would just get a teamspeak server or something.
Dead players emoting is a bit over the line though as you never know if the host gave them role info or not.

We should probably have a host guideline to not give out role info (or any private info or hints) as that would prevent a huge amount of the cheating risks

So far none of the games I played/hosted have had any graveyard chat or anything so I think we’re good on that regard already.

It would be alright to have it though I guess.

I’ve been writing a host rules/guidelines in the same thread. I had something about not being on either team. But it could be articulated better.

Can’t respond in that other thread because it’s locked.

Graveyard cuts down on people’s desire to talk to others privately about the game after they die

My experience has been that otherwise above-board players will send pms or other private communications which may be breaking rules because they want to boast about their reads or comment on the ongoing game. Gy provides an outlet for that

I just don’t really believe in rules

Solid points

yeah i definitely find this to be the case. when youre playing with people that you’d probably have a chat with anyways and you both die, you’d feel inclined to message the person to maybe see what they think about the game before the game’s wrapped up. a graveyard chat provides a safe place to do this and adds a little posterity in that, should a member of the game be called into question for possibly being privy to info that is within the graveyard, we have a preconstructed timeline for who was added when, when info was shared, who had access to info then, who was given access at a later time, etc.

imo rules should be written to allow a cohesive&competitive game experience. this is a tangent but shit like the old site’s thing where you couldn’t even really interact with other players outside of the game without mods getting really pissy at you didnt make much sense to me – people were going to interact anyways as the forum had a meager number of posters, disallowing that talking involved a lot of subjective discipline, and ultimately it was potential fun that was pissed away by people being scared that others couldn’t shape up and just Not talk About The Game on the forum. from what i can see it’s much better here, where you can actually talk to other players outside of the game on the forum like an adult and move on to the next game anyways. your posts are visible to everyone so as long as Players are Vigilant what’s the problem lol

how you handle revealing info within the chatzy or whatever is a separate topic, i think there is a point to be made about how players could act differently without and with the info and that’s just human nature because we all wanna gloat and put others down. but still, you could hold the side that a host shouldnt reveal a thing to players until the game is concluded, AND host a graveyard lol. your graveyard would just have dead players trying to piece together the game and calling out others when they’ve been reading along and the scummy player flips green – but maybe that isn’t so bad.

in some ways it seems like a much better way to farm player feedback than saving it for the postgame, where people are good and ready to disregard anything you say.

My feeling right now is on-site private thread (PM room thing) that people are added to as they die. Host shares no information. Probably encourage people not to be cunts. I know I am a chief offender in that regard.

But I reallyfeel like we should work with and continue building on-site solutions.

Yeah ultimately Chatzy isnt as safe as an inhouse solution because the host has completely control over every aspect, other people could easily gain access etc. But inhouse solutions are something we’d have to talk about together, cuz just implementing the easiest plugin to provide a solution to this (discourse-babble) could have ramifications for the forum where like people are using chatrooms instead of posting lol

I feel like the PM system is nearly sufficient already

If we could just get rid of that stupid rate limiter thing it would be perfect

kind of wish the rate limit for pms was entirely separate from posts, unfortunately theyre tied right up so rn that is a bitch

Is rate limit for posts doing anything? The only time I’ve hit the limiter is when trying to have a convo in pm.