Mafia Rules Draft

Whoops your right! I’ll update

I think it depends on the severity of the infraction. For the few rules we have it would be modkilled. Suspended/banned upon review/tribunal?

Escalating punishments, all clearly laid out beforehand (first offence: x; second offense: xy)

Committee of reasonable people to review and suggest punishments

Publicly visible log of these actions to keep track and keep people accountable

I think being transparent is something I have been aiming for the entire time. I don’t think we have solid framework for like points bans etc. It is something we can start with but will evolve overtime.

I’m putting my first pass into the rules shortly.

updated Forum Mafia Rules

I like the first point

Finding a committee is a really hard ask though. Every person who would be an ideal candidate in my mind is also the same kinda person who would object to suggesting punishments for others (my eyes r on u @matty). Too many of you are very bias as well. Maybe if our community grows a bit and you guys begin to cooperate to keep the dreg down it would work.

Public log sounds great tho. On paper the whole thing sounds nice, we’d just need a plan to get there lol. Can’t put up all that shit overnight

Every couple weeks 12 of you will get an email for Namafia jury duty. Failure to show up will result in a monetary charge. You will be compensated with future wongs.

The point of a committee is to mitigate bias

For example, you are involved in a conflict and think the other user should be banned. Guess what. Your process is to recuse yourself and allow the other two members to make a decision.

This way the moderation decision is never coming from the somebody who was part of the argument

hm.

Wong discussion is actually a worthwhile topic because you currently don’t have many tools to compel compliance

Probably structuring some sort of positive reward system would be a good way to get people excited about not ruining games

I want a Wong store, but want to settle on small steps first.

Disable reactions/editing mafia.
Almost done livestream css.

I don’t know that disabling reactions in mafia is entirely correct

Like I guess this is outside communication but there’s a fun value to be weighed as well

Maybe host posts could be react-able so spectators could react sarcastically on all the town lynches

Except history of reactions isn’t recorded. Nma made some good points about it upthread

yeah i looked at the source code and we’d have to fork retort to work in the way we want. im sure we could do it, theres just other more important things to focus on than coming up with ways to see retort reactions to figure out if someones trying to game us. just easier to remove that aspect entirely i guess.

maybe in the future iwth a working mafia bot we could make a dirty fork of retort that just checks before_update to see if the person updating the retort is in the list of alive players for that thread, if theyre not just return false

Reactions are Funny (to an extent) but if you really wanna be Super Serious about cheating (and rule breaking) you would have to disable it

Reactions from players not in the game is barely OK. Reactions from dead players should be strictly prohibited.

Reactions played a vital role in one of the first few games where I used the United states Virgin emote on Wintermute and his reaction gave him out as mafia.