Mafia Signup MVP Mafia

sign

sign

Sign

Was thinking about a game where each player can use a Logic gate ability on two other players (or the result of another player) and it takes their alignments (Scum being 1 and town being 0, or if chosen, the result of other chosen player) and gives back a result.
Players can cooperate build complex devices to solve the game logically - which seemed to be a popular idea last game where it was impossible - and cleverly while mafia can disrupt the device using malicious logic functions

2 Likes

Design it and iā€™ll play it

Players have been complaining about the gameā€™s setup not being disclosed before it starts but Iā€™m ok with that @anon75925521.

Bennyā€™s choice heā€™s the host

I would like to know the setup before I sign. Or at least a general idea.

Everyone is Mexicans and we try to sneak across the other teams border.

in general this is a pretty fair rule to have. let everyone know what theyre signing up for ā€“ in some cases they just literally wont have time to adopt a complex ruleset

Unfortunately dan if that was a rule nobody would sign up for goy club games and they couldnā€™t troll us all with their retarded setups. Youā€™ll have to think of something else if you want goy club to continue hosting trash games

There is something else, you can sign a different game. I have no rules about that here. Games should be ran concurrently and be disposed to crowd favor. So if someone else wants to host make a game and people can sign that instead.

also, personal opinion here but a game should be hosted honestly ā€“ if you had some weird mechanics you didnt want to reveal ahead of time because they might be flawed, then you shouldā€™ve decided right there to post them, so people can break them without having to get into a queue and play within the constraints of your shitty self-made setup. it would atleast be doing them a favor and you can still eventually host the game, once people agree that itā€™s balanced and ready to go.

I think part of the appeal of not showing setups before the game starts is having players figure things out on the spot (with the presence of mafia)

i dont think thatā€™s bad or anything, and thats why i said ā€œknowing the setup is a fair rule to haveā€ and not ā€œyou have to post a setup to hostā€

I do agree that setups should mostly be disclosed before they start but thereā€™s nothing wrong with a ā€œsurprise gameā€ here and there - although the last game was an unpleasant surprise to say the least.
I think Benny will reveal what he is planning though, so donā€™t get too ahead of yourselves guys!

Alright

yeah dude im excited. people should definitely be allowed to host self-made setups. if sdad didnā€™t host that we wouldnā€™t have known that itā€™d work so well for us and that we should do it again. besides, running a different noncomplex setup every time can feel like a chore at times, but working with a complex ruleset that allows for multiple avenues of outplay gives the kind of experience where you wouldnā€™t mind playing it a couple times over again and really gets your noggin joggin

I would NOT want to ever play that setup again but sure. Your right.

Just my personal opinion haha

yeah it needs some work but i already talked to sdad about itā€¦i think we should change some aspects of it and rerun it! totally something we can workshop together in a thread. i just liked that everyone and nobody was a VT, thatā€™s a unique experience that attracts people to games like ToL