Magic the Gathering: Arena

Anyone here playing mtga? Or want to play? I think I got like 2 beta keys left to give out

Pretty fun game and it’s semi f2p. If you want to draft its grindy to build up gold and same with constructed… Basically it’s like hearthstone but at least hearthstone arena is basically free since you don’t get to keep cards.

Overall I do like mtg way more than hs, way less rng feels nice to blame yourself purely for playing bad and not the game or other person for being a luck sack

Waiting for mobile

Never played a card game but mtg is where I’d like to start. Send me that invite :)

lol getting a mobile version of this game seems like it would be super difficult, it’s not like HS where the mechanics are really straight forward, doing stuff like tapping a specific land if you have 18 thrown down, or selecting a target on a board of like 30 monsters, or trying to block, sounds lmao.

I dont own a computer

1 Like

Going 4-0 in singleton with my rat colony counter deck : )

Summary

1 Fungal Infection (DAR) 94
10 Swamp (RIX) 194
1 Deathbloom Thallid (DAR) 84
1 Plague Mare (M19) 114
1 Mephitic Vapors (GRN) 76
1 Seal Away (DAR) 31
11 Plains (RIX) 192
1 Militia Bugler (M19) 29
1 Dub (DAR) 15
1 Knight of Malice (DAR) 97
1 Encampment Keeper (XLN) 11
1 Danitha Capashen, Paragon (DAR) 12
1 Ixalan’s Binding (XLN) 17
1 Isolated Chapel (DAR) 241
1 Forsaken Sanctuary (M19) 250
1 Inspiring Cleric (XLN) 16
1 Shalai, Voice of Plenty (DAR) 35
1 Serra’s Guardian (M19) 284
1 Doomed Dissenter (M19) 93
1 Reassembling Skeleton (M19) 116
1 Gravedigger (M19) 98
1 Dark Bargain (DAR) 83
1 Vampire Sovereign (M19) 125
1 Call to the Feast (XLN) 219
1 Skymarch Bloodletter (XLN) 124
1 Murder (M19) 110
1 Sanctum Seeker (XLN) 120
1 Legion Lieutenant (RIX) 163
1 Luminous Bonds (RIX) 12
1 Silverbeak Griffin (M19) 285
1 Knight’s Pledge (M19) 19
1 Mesa Unicorn (DAR) 27
1 Paladin of Atonement (RIX) 16
1 Ajani’s Pridemate (M19) 5
1 Resplendent Angel (M19) 34
1 Leonin Warleader (M19) 23
1 Knight of Grace (DAR) 23
1 Bishop’s Soldier (XLN) 6
1 Aven Sentry (DAR) 3
1 Skulduggery (XLN) 123
1 Serra Angel (DAR) 33

arena sucks

yes but its magic that I do not have to pay for

I played this so much in closed beta but they wiped the cards and didn’t give any compensation so I lost all motivation to play :/
Might slowly grind my way to 5k gold to play draft but I could just play Prismata instead while waiting for artifact.

I got lucky and they have me a merciless deck I really only get beat by burn and mirrors that go first . Is draft a good usage of 5k I just got that muh

I just buy packs cause Im terrible at draft

I never got past 2-3 wins when I played it either but I think it’s fun enough for the price.

Just play modo and go infinite it’s not that hard lol

I own a computer now. should I play

If you’re not gonna pay loads of dosh ur not gonna have a good time.

The reward cycle is decent enough youll be able to make decks if you quest daily consistently. Wild cards are a game changer.

If you daily in 3 months you can have a competitive deck just in time for the new set.

if you can go infinite then definitely play the game because the packs and gold you get back are very large I bought a sealed ravnica draft with my newbie bundle and earned more packs than if I had just straight out bought them with gems.

yeah just daily and be f2p. experimenting with decks before buying them irl is what i’ve been doing

I bought like 50k gems and only used 15k. Post reset they refunded me 50k but I also got to keep my 35 k that I didn’t spend kappa lmao