Magic the Gathering: Arena

Drafting is a totally different game. If you want to build your collection I recommend you buy packs, because if you’ve never draft you’ll prob do bad and go 0-3 or 1-3.

Alternatively if you save your gold for the special events with 500 buy in, it’s a great way to recycle gold and also build your collection.

I would only draft for the love of drafting, not really for collection building. There are better ways to do that. Also competitive draft is significantly better than normal draft in terms of rewards. Competitive draft is actually a great way to build your collection if you can consistently get go 4-2 or better.

Regarding not paying money, idk if they still have the welcome pack, but if they do I recommend you get it. It’s a good way to buy into the game and try to build a bank roll to recycle. Otherwise you’re gonna find yourself getting very bored with grinding the same decks in free play or competitive constructed.

if you do the f2p draft it’s more value for card collecting than buying packs. 45 cards for 5000 gold in draft rather than 35 cards for 5 packs

No, I don’t agree, because 5 packs gives you 5 rares/mythics, whereas 1 draft you will get a max of 3

If you’re going simply based on card count, then yea draft gives you more cards, but over half of those are unplayable trash/non-competitive.

Also, opening packs helps you build your wildcard collection vs draft which does not.

At the end of the day, I don’t buy packs and I wouldn’t buy packs if I wanted to build my collection. I regularly hit 5-6 wins in competitive draft and get 5-6 packs + all of my gems back so I think comp draft is the way to go because you need fewer wins to recycle as well (4/6 wins in comp draft vs 6/7 wins in quick draft), only thing I hate about comp draft is how grindy it is compared to quick draft.

Sometimes you just want to jump into a fast draft game and not have to potentially deal with 3 matches to win a BO3.

For sure, I think the reward system on competitive draft is broken and they might nerf it soon. It’s way too rewarding compared to the rest, but I haven’t tried competitive constructed because I only use my wildcards to make jank brews so I’d be throwing away gems even trying to play seriously in that area.

I missed the wildcard factor so I guess yeah. But I’m sticking to f2p and experimenting online because I’d rather buy the cards and have some return value later

Just started playing, never played magic before. Got the starter pack. What should I build towrd while I get a feel for the game?

You should look at the standard meta decks on mtggoldfish to see what the strongest decks are and see which ones you like and want to try out. Try to see which ones have the least rares/mythics to build your collection, or better yet which ones you might already have the cards for.

ATM I think the cheapest is mono-blue tempo, if you have enough wildcards to craft the uncommons then you should be solid, you can also sub out a lot of cards as well.

Personally I’m building my collection to have a serviceable golgari reanimator list when EDH gets dropped. Like they have to add pauper and Commander modes right they aren’t dumb?

lol

modos garbage

they should make a digital mental magic game.

do ur dailies IDIOTS

Suck my dick IDIOTS

Fuck you i;ve gotten my mirror SIX TIMES IN A ROW but they have the FULL DEWCK

how fucking long are they gonna keep guilds and m19 in draft, holy shit they need to change the format it’s been almost 3 weeks of m19

Tomorrow is when guilds becomes the gold draft

Dominaria draft comes back 24th I think

That’s almost 3 weeks out lmao.

Looks like M19 quickdraft is ending tomorrow. They’re switching it out with GRN, so both competitive and quick will be GRN until DOM comes in on the 25th of Oct.

So I think I’ve played close to 20 GRN drafts so far, and I think dimir is by far the strongest color. Blue/black has the best fliers, best removals, and great control, and surveil basically lets you maintain high tempo. I think undergrowth and convoke are super overrated and mentor can be really awkward to pull off at times. Problem with golgari is that there is almost no mechanic or card that fills your graveyard with monsters. It would be amazing if there was a common that lets you chuck monsters into your graveyard late game when you don’t want to draw into your low drops, but nope.