Magic the Gathering: Arena

I largely agree, I think that WOTC severely underrated how easy surveil would be to trigger when they made cards like Disinformation Campaign, Dimir Spybug, and the 1UB 2/3. Izzet has legs but requires good rares to really go. I think that Golgari is pretty strong, but requires you to have a base of cards like Generous Stray and Burglar Rat to really get it going in lieu of cards that can actively fill the GY, while still having access to black removal and the Statue split card.

Personally i think isset is the worst color, it’s the most dependant as you said on drafting specific cards to make the strat come alive, and it is highly dependent on also getting spells to have synergy w those cards. Just feels really really awkward.

If I had to rate them based on my playing exp so far its:

Blue/black
Green/white
Red/white
Green/black
Blue/red

I think green black is only bad if you don’t splash in blue. I’ve seen pretty good results of blue/black/green and red/white/green

I’m basically burned out of this format already. Every deck is dimir in mtga at least irl drafts not everyone can pull the same colors. Cards like night veil predator make me sick. I’m going to wait for the dominaria draft to start in 2 weeks, gonna pound some ass in constructed while I wait

golgari needs glowspore shaman for undergrowth to be strong in limited. boros aggro is braindead easy. izzet… yeah, needs risk factors to be great. but ive seen some good BRU decks with sick control and burn win. Selesnya can be gross but I think they have the worst control and can’t recover from behind easily.

My power rankings
Boros/Dimir
Golgari/Izzet
Selesnya

Also if you get chromatic lantern in your first pack pick the best card in each color and run 5 color.

I think Selesnya’s strongest point is that they’re really easy to splash as Naya/Abzan but they’re not a good main guild.

This. They have some really strong cards that's easy to splash. Naya is pretty strong rn if you get the right cards

Speaking of naya, this is the naya pile i just drafted into a 3-0 6-0

Just learned today you can play competitive constructed for free I. E. Bo3

The constructed event is a good way to grind cards and gold if you have a good deck. I used a lot of my wildcards to craft a grixis control deck

http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/124766 this guy has a huge brain deck

lol I saw this deck in mtggoldfish that got first place at the standard event.

TBH, I’m shocked that a lich’s mastery deck could get first place at an event, because any deck running discovery//dispersal would cause an instant loss lmao.

I guess the idea is that only control decks are running that card, and control is too slow to beat rainbow lich decks before they go infinite with chance for glory and conjecture?

Really interesting though, this is def one of those decks I can’t play because your decision making and APM need to be pretty fast. I was watching someone on stream play this and it’s a pretty difficult deck to pilot.