Matticus Mafia Signups

Maybe faz can have a rating system like that for all players which he maintains himself and then the rest of us can do win loss

If u really wanna do points just have the host decide some MVP bonuses or something

can u reward the points at the prize counter for something like a chinese finger trap or a miniature figma of a cow

1 Like

No dude it's going to be a wong store where you can request dan to move a thread from "general lounge" to "mafia lounge" or vice versa

lmao!

1 Like

Thanks for lmao'ing at my joke - I do it for all of you guys

sorry, attempting to think up a rating system here. basic algebra is not my strong suit.

The rating system problem is super simple and ideas/"thinking" are fairly useless

It's just a factor of somebody finding time/motivation to actually do something

As you all know I am super busy right now playing video games 10h a day

However even if I wasn't busy there is the pressing concern of building an algorithm that can win us mafia mvp in the mafiauniverse championship

If people cared u could do what jdance did at the end of his game and have votes for how everyone played. That is my best idea but it is also very gay and you should do win/loss

Not to use gay as a pejorative--,bad babit

Also u realize when we make a rating ladder with indisputable computer-generated results it kills 90% of discussion in this subforum because most of our conversations boil down to dick wagging and calling other people shit

it's a set of town functions

days_survived = x^a + bx + c
correct_lynches = x^a + bx + c
where x is the current day.

then the total points is the summation of all days evaluating sum(correct_lynches, days_survived)

and a mafia function
days_survived = x^a + bx + c
where x is the current day.

then the total points is the summation of all days evaluating sum(correct_lynches, days_survived)

the curve for mafia should be within the curve for a town player surviving and lynching correctly every time and a town player surviving and never lynching correctly

you have two leaderboards: total points, and then you have a leaderboard which is the average of your accumulated points with some addendum of a confidence rating or multiplied by the confidence rating or something

oh I agree completely but I've never been one to like to tell people I was lynching correctly on d1 before I was killed and then do nothing in 90% of games

That's why instead you need the dendiPoints version where people get heavily bouyed by unpredictable factors like which posters recently came out in support of Trump in the politics thread

1 Like

realistically actions and presence in later days should be weighted more than earlier days; the idea of penalizing people for wrong actions is going to produce "ladder anxiety" in the form I won't lynch people on d1 or something for fear of getting a -2; but my version produces the same thing in just making games go longer

1 Like

no-lynch gets valued at the same value as incorrect lynch

Also if you weight later days higher you bias toward low-impact players who survive to the end of the game by never posing any threat early game

I'm giving people points just for being alive on d2.

You're a big dumb retard.