Me, a Goy Club Member deciding to make a New Thread

I have tried a few times and found it genuinely boring. My discovery has been that the people who choose to teach are generally not as smart as the people who do actual productive things in life and as a result they teach at their own (slow) level. Right now I am taking a few python/DS/ML classes (sponsored by my company, pretty low effort) and it is genuinely some of the most dull nonsense I have dealt with in years

If I were to learn calculus I would want to derive it from first principles. Unfortunately nobody is teaching it that way because the people teaching it are simply not smart enough.

F'(x) = (F(x + h) - F(x)) / h

there u go broo lmaooo

1 Like

You are being misled. Nothing you ever do in life will require a rigorous understanding of calculus, including solving the elusive tank-filling problem.

Oh yeah? Then why does it have a picture of Einstein on it?

3 Likes

That's true. Someone should find linear equations that describe the area of the 2D tanks.

1 Like

That's exactly the problem I keep having when trying to learn.

1 Like

The truth is that once you have experienced the wonders of engineering (centering a div using html and css) the abstraction of pure mathematics will never feel fulfilling.

In order to learn the advanced math I am missing I would have to be assigned a project to implement ray tracing or something like this. A div with bloom lighting

1 Like

You don't need to know calculus for convolution bloom because you can just copy and paste the shader functions that other people have already created.

1 Like

what is a div?

1 Like

I don't know what any of that means.

Drop everything.

3 Likes

The lowest unblocked tank. F.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Boobs