Metagod Dota Advice thread / Ask me Dota Questions

you basically become morphling

So Iā€™m gonna spill the beans on Phantom Lancer.

Itā€™s so funny actually that this game is like 13 years old and people havenā€™t figured out how to make PL strong early game.

Itā€™s called Orb of Venom.

Each time you Spirit Lance a target, it will deal an additional 25+ damage and slow him so you can engage. I really canā€™t re-iterate how dumb ā€œprosā€ are when no one buys orb of venom on PL when it adds so much dmg for free, and it kills the ranged creep in the lane early on due to the poison damage. Not to mention the ranged pulling the poison ticks do so you can kite camps without taking a lot of damage.

so Yea 325 gold to make PL a grade B hero to grade A.

As for builds, there is really only two builds right now.

The classic Treads-Aquila-Diffusal-Manta-Heart -etc and the

Numeta mid build. OoV Bottle > Aghanims > Diffusal > Radiance > Octarine-Ethblade

1 Like

Why only 1 bottle?

You do realize if you buy two itā€™s literally twice as much regeneration.

Wow that mid build.

Why aghs before diffusal

Aghanims increases your farm speed exponentially. So this adds a lot of farm potential and kill potential when roaming. Also clears the wave, and owns for pushing.

Once you have Split Javelins going out with Aghanims, then you stack them with mana burn.

You rush Aghs because you go Point booster / Staff of wizardry to pump bottle efficiency and sometimes just skip Ring of Aquila because itā€™s pretty nerfed and we donā€™t really need the damage or armor. Aura is nice for pushing though, can sub out for just RoBasilius.

Why radiance after you already have aghs, and so late?

evasion

Just get bfly lul

Diffusal increases farm speed exponentially and is like 2k gold cheaper. Are you sure itā€™s not better to build diffusal first?

Radiance is so each of your javelins spreads Radiance.

You farm so fast with Aghanims you can achieve Radiance so fast. you do not have the health/mana to support a rush Diffusal. Aghanims allows you to not die instantly and allows your images to get good targets.

Itā€™s a more keep away style of PL much like Ember Spirit. this isnā€™t a head on face fuck your opponent build. Takes finesse

ok numeta hit me with it
whats the hero u would reccomend a 4k retard mid player to play to stop being a 4k retard and ascend to 5 or even 6k retard
build and talents aswell please bless you

ill be trying the pl mid build tomorrow if i see an enemy invoker

I think the gap between 4k and 6k isnā€™t a hero selection but more so a timing one.

Play offlane and work on stacking camps every minute. Having Dust or wards even if youā€™re not support. Buy Bottle and get better at bounty runes. Donā€™t tunnel vision.

Submit a replay

1 Like

ok ill submit one in like 2 weeks i havent played dota in a while due to exams so i need to derust

Nvm the pl build is shit cause illusion radiance is bad now.

Coming from someone who calibrated at 2.8k in 2013 and stopped playing so he could jungle abaddon with maelstrom in normal games

Played with numeta around 2016 and im pretty sure the first time he looked at the map was around 25 minute mark after realizing we are pushing mid to take t3

What is the point of your post and am I supposed to remember this game?

45722953_2317480191658731_6681103082429874176_n

is lady moonicorn right? i bet his gf had a good point, theres a point where ur putting in a fuckload of time just to get another 2% muscle