"Moral and Economic implications of stealing groceries from a Supermarket chain in a collapsing economy"

Argument with Jones on the Teamspeak today, after learning i stole groceries from Le Walmart today, after which he procedeed to call me "Pethetic".

• It's immoral and bad for society
  • It's fine and no big deal
  • It's actually a good thing

0 voters

My justication was when everything gets four times more expensive today, and money might as well be fake, is there really a moral obligation to not steal groceries from a supermarket chain?

I personally would only steal if it is absolutely critical for my survival - homeless and starving, chased down by predators, etc...

Looking, stealing, robbing. Theyre all bad mmkay. Another form of this is government welfare and by extention international aid, much of whom you both are recipients.

1 Like

You must pay for your chrimes
20220723_081929

1 Like

nooo I have to steal lunchables and potato chips from the store because I have no money because no one is renting my oceanside apartment in cyprus!!!

1 Like

Morality is an obligation to yourself, not to society

1 Like

The state of society/the economy is irrelevant to the question at hand.

1 Like

Thanks for the surface level Community college philosophy take that's coated in 2 different layers of unfunny reddit irony Alightsoul! I'm really looking forward to your next post

@31.214.227.13-10350 you're a ■■■■■■

2 Likes

Those posts were serious

You guys have brain worms

No it's just borderline impossible to take americans seriously on literally anything.

All Morality is referenced to/from other lives and creatures around you. A hypotethical lonely man in the world would have no need for morals or ethics. This should be pretty self apparent.

Anyone replying to this thread from here on now is basking in The image of my asshole as I am sitting on The toilet

Philosophical nonsense

Yeah i'm not the guy with a Bitmoji avatar ■■■■■■

noooo you're wrong about basic common sense because if you aren't I'm a loser ■■■■■■ eating out of garbage cans

"Americans r so dumbb lol they're so OUT of TOUCH"

keep fishing honeybuns out of the dumpster like the roach you are buddy.

For an basment dweller larping as an anarchist domestic terrorist you sure are extremely socially conditioned and prudish jones

2 Likes

If you're going to say shit like this might as well text that cute guy at work you've been meaning to and just come out of the closet

"Thou shalt not steal" is one of the Ten Commandments[1] of the Jewish Torah (known to Christians as the first five books of the Old Testament), which are widely understood as moral imperatives by legal scholars, Jewish scholars, Catholic scholars, and Post-Reformation scholars.[2]

"Steal" in this commandment has traditionally been interpreted by Jewish commentaries to refer to the stealing of an actual human being, that is, to kidnap.[3] With this understanding, a contextual translation of the commandment in Jewish tradition would more accurately be rendered as "Thou shalt not kidnap". Kidnapping would then constitute a capital offence and thus merit its inclusion among the Ten Commandments.

Nevertheless, this commandment has come to be interpreted, especially in non-Jewish traditions, as the unauthorized taking of private property (stealing or theft), which is a wrongful action already prohibited elsewhere in the Hebrew Bible that does not ordinarily incur the death penalty.