Movies Thread

It would be accurate to say I like Asian middle-aged ladies (most of my friends)

goodluck we're everywhere now. programmers, engineers, retail, food, military. we own you

1 Like

Hes right i literally bought your birth certificate

Gamers.

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?

These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a shitty head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.

1 Like

Did black people have pink slips back in the day or what

after this dota game ill try and finish the 1st episode i was being obtuse. it could still be good

tfw no one watches your recommendations but you still give others a chance

I think if your reaction to starting the show is "I don't like these people I don't want to watch any more" it's not a show that will work for you

What's your recommendation that everybody ignored

Once upon a time, in a small suburban town, there lived a young man named Alightsoul. He was an ordinary guy with an extraordinary fascination: he had always admired Asian culture and had a strong desire to either be Asian or have an Asian teenage girlfriend. He found himself drawn to their traditions, their fashion, and their way of life. However, he had never had the opportunity to experience it firsthand.

Alan spent his evenings watching a popular television show called "Beef." The show centered around a group of Asian teenagers navigating their way through high school, friendships, and relationships. For Alightsoul, it was more than just a TV series. It was a window into the world he longed to be a part of.

Every night, Alightsoul immersed himself in the lives of the characters, feeling a deep connection to their stories. He watched intently as they celebrated Chinese New Year, practiced martial arts, and showcased their impeccable fashion sense. He yearned to be a part of their vibrant community, to understand their customs, and to build relationships with people who shared his passion.

One day, while browsing an online forum dedicated to the show, Alightslul stumbled upon an advertisement for a cultural exchange program. It was an opportunity he couldn't ignore. Determined to fulfill his dream, he applied without hesitation.

Several weeks later, Alightsoul received an acceptance letter. His excitement knew no bounds. He packed his bags and set off on an adventure to a faraway country in East Asia. As he stepped off the plane, a mixture of nervousness and anticipation washed over him. The sights, sounds, and smells overwhelmed his senses, immersing him in the rich tapestry of Asian culture.

During his time in the country, Alightsoul attended language classes, explored ancient temples, and tried traditional delicacies. He met local teenagers and formed friendships that transcended language barriers. Through their kindness and openness, he gained a deeper understanding of the Asian culture he had idolized for so long.

One day, while wandering through a bustling night market, Alightsouls eyes locked with a captivating young woman named Mei. She possessed the grace and beauty he had envisioned in an Asian teenage girlfriend. Alightsoul mustered the courage to strike up a conversation, and to his surprise, Mei responded with genuine interest.

As they spent time together, Mei shared stories of her life, her dreams, and her aspirations. Alightsoul listened attentively, realizing that his fascination with Asian culture had blinded him to the individuals who lived within it. Mei wasn't just an embodiment of his desire; she was a unique person with her own experiences and perspectives.

Alightsouls feelings for Mei evolved from mere infatuation to a genuine connection. He no longer saw her as an object of his fantasies but as a partner, a friend, and someone he cared deeply for. Their relationship blossomed organically, rooted in mutual respect and understanding.

Through his experiences and newfound relationship, Alightsoul learned a valuable lesson. The desire to be someone or have something should never overshadow the importance of embracing and appreciating people as individuals, not as mere representations of a culture or fantasy.

As time went on, Alightsoul and Mei's relationship thrived, not because of Alan's fascination with Asian culture, but because of the love and respect they shared as two individuals from different backgrounds coming together. Together, they celebrated their cultural differences while building a future based on understanding and equality.

Alightsouls journey had led him far beyond his initial longing for an Asian teenage girlfriend. It had brought him to a place of self-discovery and appreciation for the diverse tapestry of humanity. From that moment forward, Alightsoul embraced the beauty of every culture, cherishing the unique qualities that make each person special, regardless of their background.

all quiet, generation kill, firefly, dirty money, and many more in the videogame category

I am also asian

buy bigger tupperware

You wouldnt get it

iTs AlL pRePoRtIoNeD BrO

Its not

Yeah not gonna watch that

my condolences not the biggest fan of reality tv likes

Just kidding firefly I have seen (long ago) it was good
All quiet is on my list to get to but I have been putting it off because I've heard it's a pretty serious watch
I usually am watching right before bed to fall asleep and that seems like not the context for that one
Gen kill and dirty money also interested/on the list but haven't gotten around

I actually have 0 time during the day to actually watch something serious, I've like forgotten how/when people watch this shit. Like typing this out I realize the answer is "evening" but I have no idea what an evening is, I'm double/triple-booked every day this week and will continue to live like this until at least end of May - more likely end of June/early July