My walnut brain can't figure it out.

Bro u gotta fall outta love w/stop obsessing over nyte

All the changes they made were to empower supports.
But it led to power creep in a big way.
These days games can end in two big team fights at 25 minutes.
I hate it too.

pretty sure you can see some invoker spells in fog sometimes

I agree with this core point actually. I can load up dust 2 right now, sit in spawn until I have enough money for an AWP, and play the game exactly as I have always played it for 10+ years.

This is what dota is missing. They played too hard into the identity of "game where having a bunch of obscure knowledge gives you an advantage." You come back and it's a different game from what you remember - and nobody really wants to relearn all this shit. So it basically guarantees the slow death of the game.

That said I disagree with all of your suggested changes. Some of the things you want removed actually changed the game in a positive way. I would remove all "neutral items" as a concept - I don't think it adds anything to the game. I do think aghs and shard is actually great because it plays into the individual hero abilities. Allows hero abilities to scale into lategame, some of them are fun and exciting. So I suppose the difference there is it's OK to learn a bunch of shit if it is actually adding something of value to the game.

But I agree that core experience of just loading up the game after some time away, picking your favorite hero, playing in any way similar to how you used to is just completely missing here. Like I understand the game will change over time but what's the need to just change some things completely? Toysoldier clinkz, for example, no longer exists because they fucked with clinkz too much. When I played the game again a couple months ago I picked clinkz and I was like: What the fuck is going on. Not a good core experience

I watched a game tonight where The Cut played Tiny support twice.
How did this happen?
I watch games where people do double or triple chronosphere or ravage.
The game changed too much for me to keep up.

Man I came back to dota once played a few games then decided to play dazzle necro book build which is like some goofy pos 3 build I used to do to have fun and it would win games if you could snow ball and push early only to find out they fucking removed necro book. Like why remove necro book?

It was vullshit

Once played against demon stack and we were owning them. they built 5 Necro eventually and we lost. Watched the replay and he was talking about how it's not their fault they abuse the item they didn't have a choice!

1 Like

Ward trump card that did the funny damage with the melee death and secret own damage with the ranged

1 Like

Did people just realize it was super good or something later on? When I played it was barely used outside of certain hero’s like Lucan, which is really the only hero I remember it being used regularly

Still gay they removed it, it was in dota since I started playing in like 2013

before they removed it they started buffing it and it was probably actually broken then but the period im talking about that you started playing in was still really strong (when it gave you intelligence instead of mana regen). it gave you great caster stats, it scouted for you, it stacked creeps and cleared lanes, did like 150dps before any buffs/enemy reduc so it was gank help, had great uptime, was great bait with bounty+melee kill.

developers probably didn't see a way to keep the item in the game and keep it good without it being too good. it countered invis too good, fucked with AOE no health champs, and addition to being a strong core item it had plenty of stuff a support (from the old support item-less meta) could want

this has made me play more and more cs over the years, for sure

Imagine you come back to dust 2 and they changed the sightlines, removed the deag and reworked the awp, and added "full auto mod" where you buy a 3d printer after round 5 and it completely changes the gun's properties / boots every canadian from the game

That's what they did to dota. They made it illegal to be canadian

1 Like

They literally did this.

1 Like

only the last one

What the Fuck!!

Didn't they change sightlines from T Spawn or something?

1 Like