NADotA Caucus: Rd 4

I am doing everything in my power to prevent these actions.

That point is that you can’t prevent it unless you can vote or something. If you can’t do anything about it - don’t keep trying and give it up.

For example - this. I can't do anything about this other than vote in the elections, I don't read any news - what happens happens. Why would I fill my mind with this stuff?
It's like worrying about the results of a test in school after it's over. You can't change them so just wait and see.

The bystander effect in effect I see

It’s not a bystander effect. It’s mostly being realistic while trying to make the best of a bad situation instead of making it worse for yourself

You can share information. Talk if you’re smart, Im not so I refrain these days. Small effect, but it’s hard to measure when you have no idea what any of them say to anyone else. A drop in the bucket ID you will but maybe enough drops can get us somewhere?

I mean in this case you’re actually very right Jacob, we gotta wait for everyone in congress to get the hell out first

There’s clear lines between these things and what modern day american politics have become. I don’t disagree with this particularly but you have to realize when the bucket has a hole at the bottom or not.

Does the bucket have a hole in it?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this one does.

Of course someone like @a2pas wouldn’t even consider these things, because that’s just what a bigot would think - I probably support Trump and his splitting of families at the border! I’m just a alt right begot.

Its just absurd how anyone can see all this Political Discussion on the internet from both sides and think that it’s worth spending time as a worker ant for these causes - don’t you think? @a2pas

big agree, there’s really no reason to care beyond just staying informed. if you want to change policy you have to become rich and powerful so like focus on that if youre interested in politicking

1 Like

this is also true but i abide by the marxist understanding that society -will- simply change based on the pressures exerted on it rather than the actions of any one person. unless you are someone who actually enjoys it / can make a living off it there is little reason to engage in the political sphere (unless like i said you're already rich and powerful). irl political banter with the lads is still fun though

1 Like

Yeah…

1 Like

i became super jaded after living in DC and the entire thing just disgusts me now, it’s just rich people on both sides settling there personal scores and using the average “activist” as a pawn

1 Like

I think it’s worse than that. It’s more than just Activists who are being used at this point, people (at least online) act as if talking politics is normal and cool now - something casual to talk about anywhere and at every occasion

thats how the wowrld works, yes

1 Like

to me it’s fine to do it online but in public i wouldn’t go beyond lighthearted jokes

1 Like

And you eat it up :confused: