NAMafia Film Club

have not seen it, love that actor. noted, thanks, wasnt aware of it

my new favourite quote is “when an auteur goes through a divorce you know you’re going to get one of the films of all time”

Chalamet really was the perfect choice to play Paul Atreides, kid is a better actor than he gets credit for. And my god does he fit the book description PERFECTLY, holy fuck

1 Like

He was good in the king even if the movie was kind of lame being a direct adaptation of the shakespeare script

2 Likes

I enjoyed that movie. I really liked the ultra wide shots after the army arrives in France of the skyline and surrounding area/some nice sunsets and sunrises. Gorgerous. The dude who played his buddy was great too.

Yeah the king was good

1 Like

thought about this film a bit when I was lost innawoods

underrated film

1 Like

@Vanilla_Town

neil breen is a god

Northman was super boring and pointless, I dont know why everybody talked about this like it was a must-see film

1 Like

The whale was a good movie and everyone kills it but I didn't enjoy watching it very much

2 Likes

Sorry to say I cannot recommend "The Banshees of Inisherin"

thats pretty much why i havent seen it yet, i feel i'll react the same way lol

What didn't you like about it?

Same what ■■■ said

1 Like

In Bruges had a kind of absurdist humor & charm, 3 Billboards a humanizing and strangely warm final note. Or maybe it was just that these had a very concrete antagonist (or at least a sense of fighting an antagonist) that lends a sort of sharpness to all the other elements of the film. Whatever was missing here, without it the work comes away feeling somewhat dreary and pointless.

It's a hard balance to strike and really comes down to a feeling. How do you feel after watching the film. To be honest I'm surprised Marty McDonaugh got it right so many times before this

2 Likes

Is the new last of us show good? i've heard good things and i enjoy pp big time. he was really good in prospect

i never played the game but i watched a friendo play a lot of it